Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks to all for your kind words, thoughts & Especially Prayers.
A bit of an update. I was first diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in August of 1987. I went through 12 weeks of chemo, once a week & was declared in remission. This held for 30 years & about a month. In late 2017 it returned. I late sept I began Chemo again & appeared to again be in remission, then returned again in late 2018. I was put in a study group for Immuno treatment. It seemed to be working for a while then reversed, so back to more Chemo, which has also now failed. I have not decided to just lay down & Die, but continue to have a ray of hope.

The local surgeon who did my Biopsy back in '87 told me at that time about 20 years previously he had a Melanoma. All had been done for him that could be done & he then went to John Hopkins for further treatment. They did all they could at that point in time & sent back down to TN to Die, with a prospect f no more than 6 months. Shortly thereafter, with no further treatment, he went into remission & lived for a long number of years afterward. He is now deceased, I do not recall what he actually died of other than old age, but it was not Cancer, so there is always hope that a Higher Power will intervene.

As long as I am able to get to my computer, & I do have a laptop, I will try to monitor this board, as well as some others I am on, just wanted to make everyone aware if I miss a few days, don't think I am ignoring the group.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Best wishes, fingers crossed and prayers up. Be safe.

LGF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Miller and King, you are mainstays of this forum, wells of information and wisdom. Thinking of you both and hoping for the best.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I lit a candle for you, Miller today at St. Michaels- Palm Sunday for us Christians-- one week aprox. before the corrupt Jews in the Sandhedrian betrayed our Lord and Master, Son of God the Creator. A bit off topic, but indulge me if you would- just as I have always wondered how the course of the World might have developed with a "what if:" scenario-- Here's a few of my favorites-- pertinent today's "Sturm und Drang" with the Corona scenario-much like the Spanish Flu that hit America hard in 1917.

What if: Adolph Hitler had been KIA in WW1-and Hermann Goering shot down from the skies much as happened to Baron Manfred Von Richtofen-- What if Kreigsmarine Kapitan Walter Braunschweig had passed up on torpedoing the Lusitania. What if Albert Einstein had run an Baskin & Robbins ice cream cart in Leipzig. What if FDR had stopped with 2 terms under his belt in 1940- and Wendell Wilkie (The barefoot boy from Wall St.) had been our POTUS when the Japs hit us at Pearl Harbor Dec. 1941--and the big one: When Pontius Pilate who found no criminal activity in Jesus ministering to the sick and destitute, had told the crowd: "Screw this freeing criminals gig one a year- Barrabas gets crucified, and Jesus is free to do His thing-"

Just imagine, if you will, how our World might have evolved through the centuries since we lost Him to the betrayal by the Jews-- No wars, plagues, ships sunk at sea, cancer, and we could all live in peace. I hope our Savior sheds the light of his mercy upon you in your time of trial, and that you emerge whole and free again from your affliction. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Pete had another site, but no activity since 2011
http://www.chitown-angler.com/fin-n-feat...-some-eye-candy

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
I lit a candle for you, Miller today at St. Michaels- Palm Sunday for us Christians-- one week aprox. before the corrupt Jews in the Sandhedrian betrayed our Lord and Master, Son of God the Creator. A bit off topic, but indulge me if you would- just as I have always wondered how the course of the World might have developed with a "what if:" scenario-- Here's a few of my favorites-- pertinent today's "Sturm und Drang" with the Corona scenario-much like the Spanish Flu that hit America hard in 1917.

What if: Adolph Hitler had been KIA in WW1-and Hermann Goering shot down from the skies much as happened to Baron Manfred Von Richtofen-- What if Kreigsmarine Kapitan Walter Braunschweig had passed up on torpedoing the Lusitania. What if Albert Einstein had run an Baskin & Robbins ice cream cart in Leipzig. What if FDR had stopped with 2 terms under his belt in 1940- and Wendell Wilkie (The barefoot boy from Wall St.) had been our POTUS when the Japs hit us at Pearl Harbor Dec. 1941--and the big one: When Pontius Pilate who found no criminal activity in Jesus ministering to the sick and destitute, had told the crowd: "Screw this freeing criminals gig one a year- Barrabas gets crucified, and Jesus is free to do His thing-"

Just imagine, if you will, how our World might have evolved through the centuries since we lost Him to the betrayal by the Jews-- No wars, plagues, ships sunk at sea, cancer, and we could all live in peace. I hope our Savior sheds the light of his mercy upon you in your time of trial, and that you emerge whole and free again from your affliction. RWTF

I love how these threads bring out the best in conservatives. All the world's problems, all the jew's fault....

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Palm Sunday. The day Jesus entered Jerusalem in fulfillment of the Messianic prophecy of Zechariah 9:9.
And would be betrayed:
By a disciple
By the Jewish people
By Peter
And crucified by the Romans
AND BY ME Francis. You and I betrayed Him by our sin and rebellion

Jesus went willingly to the cross (John 10:18) to be the perfect sacrifice for MY sins (1 John 2:2, Galatians 2:20)...by God's set purpose and foreknowledge...Acts 2:23
God reconciled us to himself through Christ...God made him who had no sin to be sin for us...2 Corinthians 5:18,21

You and I are responsible for Christ's death Francis, not the Jews

And Gloria a Dios he rose from the dead proving His victory over sin, death and Satan.

Sidelock
Sidelock

A few things to keep in mind;
The Death of the Son of God was first prophesied in the Garden of Eden. Christ was sent to the earth as a Sacrifice for the sins of the world, not to set up an earthly kingdom. IF" Jesus had set up an army to resist the Romans & restore a military kingdom in Israel the Jews would have followed him to the grave if necessary. That was not his mission, he came to Establish a Spiritual Kingdom, His Church, which would Never be destroyed & that he accomplished.

It gets a bit touchy here, but one hs to understand, in spite of the fact he was sent to the world to "DIE", those who killed him were not the servants of God & are not innocent.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dont sweat it Drew. Just a carnival barker they put up there.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yep, that whole resurrection thing was quite the trick

1 Corinthians 15:1-8
"Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve. After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles, and he appeared to me also..."

The part about the dead being raised and walking around Jerusalem is pretty neat also! (Matthew 27:52-53)

The Jews that betrayed Jesus stand morally responsible for their sin (John 5:40, 12:37) before a holy and righteous Judge...just as each of us stand, in bondage to sin and without hope of redemption (Romans 3:23, 1 John 1:8) were it not for the atoning work of Jesus on the cross...and by His sacrifice ALL can be right with God, through surrender in faith to Jesus Christ. (John 3:16, Romans 3:22, Romans 10:9) And it is by faith, not by works, that we are saved. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.