March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
9 members (bushveld, docbill, Dave Weber, cable, 2 invisible), 339 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts543,999
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
ksauers1 #572400 05/19/20 09:52 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: ksauers1
[quote=rocky mtn bill]Goillini, You got me wrong. I don't question the outcome under present law. I do want the law changed; I can't see why the popular vote is OK for every office in the land other than president. I understand the original intent. I just don't think it makes sense today.

Why doesn’t it make sense today?

I for one , wouldn’t want to live in a country ruled by New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Rocky Mountain bill

“Reaching across the isle” has always meant conservatives give up their values and go along with whatever the libs have in mind. Looking at the news, it seemed the four things deemed most dangerous by the blue state govs were, freedom to assemble, freedom to peacefully protest, any first amendment rights, and anything to do with the second amendment. Hey, Craigd, did I miss any?
Something that can’t be pointed out too many times is how much better off granny was in a nursing home in a red state, like Florida, versus a blue state like MN, NY, NJ, CA, and on and on and on. Do you suppose the reds were just lucky, or, was there more at play?
If you needed an abortion, you were good to go in the locked down system, chemo, well, not so much.

Best,
Ted

ed good #572401 05/19/20 10:09 AM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

hopefully, this thread will be the beginning of the new misfires...

where one may express his thoughts here about whatever...

and only limited by ones knowledge and imagination...and of course dave's tolerance...

Last edited by ed good; 05/19/20 10:12 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good #572402 05/19/20 10:17 AM
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

and speaking of tolerance...where is the man? where is the head liner? where is that which this all started to be about?

we can only keep this going for so long with openers and impromptu performances...if the star does not appear soon, i fear the audience will become bored and wander back to the bar...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
....“Reaching across the isle” has always meant conservatives give up their values and go along with whatever the libs have in mind. Looking at the news, it seemed the four things deemed most dangerous by the blue state govs were, freedom to assemble, freedom to peacefully protest, any first amendment rights, and anything to do with the second amendment. Hey, Craigd, did I miss any?....

More and more, I think the blue state govs are worried about the spigot window closing. Hypocrisy, Bill says now's the time for mob rule voting. kali has fortyish times the population of Montana, I suppose that means MT can start by diverting its public land funds for tent cities and needle programs on the left coast. They will come, if it's built without compromise.

edit to add, doesn't ed have bigger receivers to fry?

Last edited by craigd; 05/19/20 11:28 AM.
ed good #572407 05/19/20 11:02 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Remember this.
In any negotiation, the first to make a concession, looses the most.

Last edited by DmColonial; 05/19/20 11:03 AM.

Dumb, but learning...Prof Em, BSc(ME), CAE (FYI)
craigd #572411 05/19/20 11:22 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

....“Reaching across the isle” has always meant conservatives give up their values and go along with whatever the libs have in mind. Looking at the news, it seemed the four things deemed most dangerous by the blue state govs were, freedom to assemble, freedom to peacefully protest, any first amendment rights, and anything to do with the second amendment. Hey, Craigd, did I miss any?....

More and more, I think the blue state govs are worried about the spigot window closing.

I think you missed that the blue states have to keep subsidizing the red states - most especially Montana. That's the spigot that keeps on giving. When it closes, Montana and a bunch of other blue states are gonna be hurtin' units.

Originally Posted By: craigd
edit to add, doesn't ed have bigger receivers to fry?

OUCH!

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

ed good #572412 05/19/20 11:33 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Feel free to help me understand how California subsidizes Florida. Now, if you want to say California subsidizes México, that I understand.

Craigd, good one.

Best,
Ted

Colonial #572413 05/19/20 11:36 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

My experience is opposite. It bears out studies that show the length of negotiations are related directly by how well the negotiators know each other. So losing and winning, each getting what they want through concessions, may depend more on trust than any opening bid.

I've been involved in negotiations with international corporations who've given their negotiators instructions that negotiators knew couldn't work, which led to rancorous and time-wasting conversations. We imposed recesses and suggested better strategies for company negotiators to take back to their bosses.

Results always most satisfactory. Our association, world-acclaimed for its social dynamics and innovation, has had a harmonious and productive relationship with the forest industry since its beginning nearly 40 years ago. No strikes, just educating industry in the pursuit of mutual worthwhile goals.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD

More and more, I think the blue state govs are worried about the spigot window closing.

I think you missed that the blue states have to keep subsidizing the red states - most especially Montana. That's the spigot that keeps on giving. When it closes, Montana and a bunch of other blue states are gonna be hurtin' units....

I think I get your point, but basically, some states have the carelessness to leverage a greater percent of their future than others. Ask Bill, is the entire state of Montana gonna be a hurt'in, or mostly the part that's high 24/7 and entitled to a magical direct deposit and zero copay 'health' plans.

King Brown #572415 05/19/20 11:47 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
My experience is opposite. It bears out studies that show the length of negotiations are related directly by how well the negotiators know each other. So losing and winning, each getting what they want through concessions, may depend more on trust than any opening bid....

I trust you forget to factor in racism?

In my experience, 700x is primarily for clay target loads. I suppose depending on what upland bird one is after and moreso in the duck marsh, are there any other powder options?

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.