March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (fullandfuller, Lloyd3, SKB, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 305 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,980
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Ted Schefelbein
Feel free to help me understand how California subsidizes Florida. Now, if you want to say California subsidizes Mxico, that I understand.

Craigd, good one.

Best,
Ted

Florida is about break even. California subsidizes New Mexico, Georgia of course, Montana etc. As a general rule, with a few exceptions, blue states like yours subsidize most red states. Google it.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

King Brown #572417 05/19/20 11:59 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
My experience is opposite. It bears out studies that show the length of negotiations are related directly by how well the negotiators know each other. So losing and winning, each getting what they want through concessions, may depend more on trust than any opening bid.

I've been involved in negotiations with international corporations who've given their negotiators instructions that negotiators knew couldn't work, which led to rancorous and time-wasting conversations. We imposed recesses and suggested better strategies for company negotiators to take back to their bosses.

Results always most satisfactory. Our association, world-acclaimed for its social dynamics and innovation, has had a harmonious and productive relationship with the forest industry since its beginning nearly 40 years ago. No strikes, just educating industry in the pursuit of mutual worthwhile goals.

A simple no would have sufficed.

(was hoping you had a minty Laverda Jota hidden in the barn)

ed good #572418 05/19/20 12:12 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

ksauers1, I'm a rural American as you seem to be. You and I don't need the same government services that urban folks do. Keep in mind though that they really do need those services. If we aren't willing to contribute, then they might as well move to where we are, and we'll no longer have a rural haven to enjoy. Everybody has to live somewhere. Let's be glad city folks live in cities and not in our small towns.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
....California subsidizes New Mexico, Georgia of course, Montana etc. As a general rule, with a few exceptions, blue states like yours subsidize most red states. Google it.

Just because you repeat it, doesn't mean it's so.

Yes, I'm sure kali has a say in piss'in away tons of cash in MT, but if you were to stray a bit off the state and federal roads on a reservation, I doubt you're going to feel like you're still in Montana? I hope you aren't trying to say that kali is spearheading Montana upland habitat restoration?

Anecdotal story, my wife and two kids recently overnighted in Billings while on the road. They noticed some questionable activity and started getting uncomfortable at a common name hotel. The online booking service immediately refunded my wife, no questions asked, and helped book her in alternate accomodations. Without prompting, the kid at the desk apologized, said they were aware of known illegal drug activity, but added that the kali owners forced them to accept known native druggies and forbid them from trying to clean up the situation. There goes the neighborhood, eh?

Did you ever search up who the number one private land owner in Montana is and what their collective 'business' model is? No? I didn't think so, right Brent.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....Let's be glad city folks live in cities and not in our small towns.

The hypocrisy of true prejudice, eh Bill?

ed good #572423 05/19/20 01:06 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/22/us/wilks-brothers-fracking-business.html

Sidelock
Sidelock

A true parable, lonesome. When people don't believe in each other they don't remain long as citizens of a great nation. The petty sandbox politics exhibited here every day is exclusively an American behavioural trait.

ed good #572426 05/19/20 01:22 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

LR, Yes, the big money plagues us. Most of them are only here a few weeks a year, but they come in and throw their weight around. Many are surprised to learn we have laws that limit their ability to shut us out. They do, however, build their trophy houses in places that were once beautiful. Most have no idea that what they build here is a sacrilege. Craig, Are you struggling to express an idea? If so, try saying what it might possibly be. Your prejudice in favor of incoherence is insurmountable.

Last edited by rocky mtn bill; 05/19/20 01:23 PM.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
....Many are surprised to learn we have laws that limit their ability to shut us out. They do, however, build their trophy houses in places that were once beautiful. Most have no idea that what they build here is a sacrilege....

Priceless Bill. I'm struggling to figure out which church gives you the right to hunt elk on posted land?

What do you think, does King have a decent chance of brewing up some non tox duck loads with 700x. Maybe, we can come together and hope he doesn't send that double down the road to someone that might find it cheaper and easier to go to the big box store for some factory steel loads, because that's one of the purposes of this generous gift?

ed good #572430 05/19/20 02:03 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Quote:
(was hoping you had a minty Laverda Jota hidden in the barn)

A wicked bad sounding triple in full race regalia.....(as noted at a track day several years ago.)

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.