May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
9 members (AGS, idahobob, graybeardtmm3, Drew Hause, 3 invisible), 230 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,496
Posts545,364
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I considered Miller to be a friend though we never met. Always a gentleman towards me and others and a deep reservoir of knowledge. As with others I will miss his presence. God speed 2piper!

When an old man dies a library burns to the ground. (Old African proverb)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Last week as I was reflecting on the end of Miller’s earthly life and considering whether I should post a comment or not (I’d already personally said everything I wanted to say to him) a friend stopped by. As we sat in the shade on a way-too-early-to-be-this-hot Colorado morning, he filled me in on his recent cycle of therapy for an aggressive and advanced form of cancer. As he did I realized he wasn’t himself and his thoughts were disjointed. One moment He was in the present and the next he was telling me about terrible things he’d done and said decades ago before I knew him. As I listened, he suddenly said, “You going to need to help me. I’m dealing with chemo confusion.”

Our visit turned out to be a gift of clarity. Who I knew this friend to be (a fine Christian gentleman) was not who he knew himself to have been through much of his life. He had needed (and received) much grace.

Shortly after he left I was looking for some how-to help on the web and YouTube tried to distract me (as they always do). I took the bait and clicked on an interview with famed Canadian astronaut, Chris Hadfield. Now entering his 60’s what would he say to his 20 year old self. “Every single person you meet is struggling...They are looking for significance. They are trying to do the best they can and they fail regularly...so cut them some slack. Don’t let them off the hook but recognize the shared nature of being a human being and let people be themselves, make some allowances for them, treat people a little more kindly as a result.”

We’re all struggling. We’re all terminal.
We all need some grace.

Speude Bradeos
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.