Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 33 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 32 33
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
No permits, FFL holders, back ground checks or markings required for pre-1898 guns. You still need to clear Customs though, which may or may not require a broker.

I don't know if the USPS will do it but I have received guns put into the French postal service and received in Canada through Canada Post. No broker required. Payment of duties and taxes due when package was picked up. Last one was about 3 years ago. I've received about 6 guns that way. Don't know why it would be different unless the USPS won't accept it at point of origin.

Last edited by canvasback; 06/16/20 04:26 PM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes, USPS will do it. I received a pre-1898 I. Hollis from Australia via USPS. No hassles, no permits, no background checks.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am not sure that is currently the case. Australia and NZ post will no longer move any type of firearm, even antique. I use to get bundles of guns shipped in from NZ that my Post man delivered, no more. It has gotten a lot more complicated to send guns, even antiques, across borders. I now need export permits for most antiques leaving the UK under EU rules, this just in the last year or so, never before.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Steve, if you think that is bad, in 2017 Australia I had to get an export permit to bring my own rifle - that I had built myself brought with me - back home. Seriously most of the Australians, in charge of enforcing the rules did not know them. Australia is pretty much off limits for getting guns out now. Like you, I had them delivered to my door years ago without the slightest problem.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

How do "they" know it's a gun in the box, if the sender doesn't put any identifying info on the outside?

SRH

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,
You have to declare the contents in order to clear customs.....things are much stricter than they were in the past.

Brent,
I found an AU exporter not long ago and it is doable with some volume, maybe 4-6 guns or so. Shipping costs were not that bad, he would take care of the paperwork on his end, that just leaves import permits and a customs broker over here. The only way to import guns these days is in groups.

Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks, Steve.

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
Stan,
You have to declare the contents in order to clear customs.....things are much stricter than they were in the past.

Brent,
I found an AU exporter not long ago and it is doable with some volume, maybe 4-6 guns or so. Shipping costs were not that bad, he would take care of the paperwork on his end, that just leaves import permits and a customs broker over here. The only way to import guns these days is in groups.

Steve

That makes some sense. Australian auctions used to be a good place for a guy to find some bargains one at a time. But no more. But I thought it was more than slightly annoying that we had to beg permission to take our own rifles home (but not our dirty laundry, thankfully). No one really seemed to know how to go about that, yet Australia was hosting an international championship match.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Maybe I should start a new thread about international shipping. wink

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Originally Posted By: canvasback
...I don't like it when they are slow but they are the best at marking discreetly the required engraving of importer.

For what it's worth, the Fox I just received has no import mark at all. That's plus to me...Geo

George, Borderview did one that took the new owner six months to find. LOL

I think we all think it's a bonus.

OK, I'm gonna look again. Any hints about where they put the one you speak of?...Geo

Page 22 of 33 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.