April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (FlyChamps, DaveB, buckstix, 3 invisible), 249 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,484
Posts545,277
Members14,410
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

why must you lie so much?

growth rings on the end grain at 45 degrees would be a text book example of a rift sawn blank, just like I posted a picture of.

I work with another gunmaker or two, not uncommon in the trade. I do far more in house than most gunmakers. You have been explained how the trade works repeatedly yet you try to twist things for your own sad purposes.

Too bad your ego is so fragile. I would LOVE to see your stock work.

Easy to see indeed....pages and pages of my work for the world to view.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here are a couple CORRECT definitions of rift sawing for you Queen Stevie... even though you wish to cling to the oft-stated incorrect definition of rift sawn lumber.

https://www.advantagelumber.com/sawn-lumber/

https://www.advantagelumber.com/sawn-lumber/rift-sawn.html

Many sources also tell us that rift sawn lumber is more expensive because so much of the log ends up as waste. But the cut illustration your pal BrentD produced to try to save you from your stupidity would generate no more waste than quartersawn.

I don't believe everything I read on the internet. And when someone tells me something that is contradicted by their next sentence, I am intelligent enough to take note of it and look for the correct answer. You are not. And neither was BrentD when he responded to my post about rift sawing with an incorrect illustration. We all saw that same tendency in BrentD when he refused to explain all of the wildly varying statements made concerning what constitutes a lethal dose of lead in the blood of waterfowl that is quoted in the anti-lead ammunition junk science he clings to. Rather than admit he might be wrong, that was when he decided to pretend to IGNORE my posts... which is another joke.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Billie you seem determined to remain wrong. Maybe pop over to hunterbid.com and look at his blanks and descriptions, he has been in business for decades and sold thousands of blanks, I bet you know more than him though. After all, you did read about it on the It internet.

What you are too thick to understand and what Craig fully gets

"seems to me there are milling definitions for the sawing process and descriptions of board stock. I happen to be using the description of the board stock" As do buyers and sellers of stock blanks.

Any pictures of your work for the board to see?

Darn that fragile ego is in the way again I bet.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I did take note of craigd's statement about two radically differing definitions of what constitutes rift sawing.

Unfortunately, that differing definition stems from the total contradiction where it is often stated that rift sawn lumber has the growth rings PERPENDICULAR to the face of the board, and also says that rift sawn lumber shows end grain 30 to 60 degrees to the face of the board. I have seen that same contradiction in terms myself many times. Bullshit is bullshit, no matter how you slice it.

I know you want to have it both ways, but until the math world changes the definition of PERPENDICULAR to meaning some angle from 30 to 60 degrees to the face, then you will continue to be wrong. If Hunterbid is another wood seller using incorrect terminology and charging rift-sawn prices for wood that is not actually rift-sawn, that's fine too. But calling lumber rift-sawn when it clearly is not rift-sawn will not make it so. You are only demonstrating that you are incapable of thought, and have no brain.

We already knew that.

Did you happen to also notice that craigd told Brent that there is no way that a log could be cut as shown in his ridiculous illustration? craigd was absolutely right about that. Is it you fragile ego, or your lack of intelligence that caused you to overlook that?

As far as posting pictures of my work... perhaps you are just too stupid to remember why I do not post any here. I gave the explanation to your friend canvasback when he incorrectly told us he had seen pics of my rust bluing here, and that was why he asked me to rust blue barrels for him, instead of giving the work to you. He used to send barrels to Doug Woodin PA24 instead of you. I believe he chooses CJO for that work over you since Doug passed away. I think we know the reason.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Joe Wood
Notice the screw doesnt go into the action but the indicator is one piece and surrounds the hammer axles. The screw has to lock the indicator tightly to the axle. Very similar to the continental indicators often seen.

I've been trying to work this out: how does that screw lock the indicator to the hammer pin? Seems like the screw is in the wrong place for that. But I'm pretty sure I'm missing something.

Jim
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ah yes, our book smart expert knows more than folks who have been in the trade for decades.

You remain wrong and try as you might, you have failed to prove me wrong but quite nicely showed just how ignorant you are.

I knew you did not have the fortitude to show pictures of your work but that is understandable, you do not want the board to see your actual skill level.

Bullshit is something you are well versed in, it is all you are able to spew.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I never claimed to know more than real gunsmiths, not counting gun-farming general contractors like you Queen Stevie.

I quite obviously do know more than you about saw milling wood into lumber. And It is hilarious to see you calling yourself an expert when you fell on your face when you had the chance to show us that you knew the difference between feather crotch black walnut and thin shell walnut. It didn't take being book smart to know the blank Bob Cash showed us was not the same wood as the finished stock he showed us.

But I could see how you might be stupid enough to fail that simple test miserably. Others failed too, but you're the great "expert" that has been in the trade for decades. What a joke.

I see you do not wish to revisit why your friend canvasback would choose me or other people to do rust bluing for him instead of you, who he said is one of his best friend's on this forum. I guess he works hard for his money, and simply wants good work that is not sub-contracted to a real gunsmith.

You were asked a simple question about how 30 to 60 degrees can ever be PERPENDICULAR. And predictably, you avoided that question. That picture in my last post is real rift-sawn end grain. If someone sells you rift-sawn wood with end grain at or near 45 degrees to the face, then you have been cheated and lied to. But you are too dumb to know, so ignorance is bliss.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I enjoy you putting your ignorance on full display.....that is NOT a picture of rift sawn end grain when referring to that board. It could have been milled rift, the board is not rift sawn. Exactly what Craig tried to explain to you very politely but you are too stupid to understand. How it was milled does not matter, what matters is the grain flow on the individual board.

I am starting to feel sorry for you and you lack of intellect.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Woodreaux

I've been trying to work this out: how does that screw lock the indicator to the hammer pin? Seems like the screw is in the wrong place for that. But I'm pretty sure I'm missing something.

Take a look at the link I posted earlier in this thread.
There's images of one of these guns, but with the indicator missing from one side of the gun.
It'll show the area under that screw.
I thought it was interesting.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
I enjoy you putting your ignorance on full display.....that is NOT a picture of rift sawn end grain when referring to that board. It could have been milled rift, the board is not rift sawn. Exactly what Craig tried to explain to you very politely but you are too stupid to understand. How it was milled does not matter, what matters is the grain flow on the individual board.

I am starting to feel sorry for you and you lack of intellect.

I have to save that statement Queen Stevie, because it is among the most retarded bullshit ever posted here.

If it helps, I think the board is some species of oak. If you go to the link I provided earlier, where the picture came from, you will see that it is absolutely described as rift-sawn lumber, and the pic is labeled as an end grain view. Anything more about how it was milled is obviously WAY beyond your comprehension. Maybe try putting down the bong, and read what you wrote when you aren't so addled. But seriously, I think your brain damage is permanent.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.