April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (fab500, RWG, Researcher, btbell), 1,058 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,468
Posts545,134
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Please start a new thread on grain flow in stock blanks. No need to pollute this thread any further with your ignorance.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tinker
[quote=Woodreaux]
Take a look at the link I posted earlier in this thread...
I thought it was interesting.

Thanks! I missed that somehow.
Looks like a slot for the screw to sit in. I'm still not sure that it makes sense that the screw could be holding the indicator dial to the hammer pin itself. Maybe there was a nut on the other end of the screw to stabilize the dial on the face of the action?
In going to stare at that photo a little longer and see if I can figure it out.

Jim
Sidelock
Sidelock

If anyone has the time or inclination to look up the Bonehill Patent of 1878 for his design of a hammerless action, there may be reference to this indicator on the side of the action. Presumably the pointer is affixed to the tumbler pin/axle (just guessin').

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
Please start a new thread on grain flow in stock blanks. No need to pollute this thread any further with your ignorance.

Why? What difference will it make Queen Stevie? A new thread will not teach you to read, nor will it turn 30-60 degree end grain into PERPENDICULAR.

All the information you need is right here. All you need is the intelligence to process it...

But just like not being able to see the obvious difference between Bob Cash's feather crotch black walnut blank, and a finished stock of thin shell walnut, you are too stupid to process information, and too spineless to admit being wrong.

I'll start the new thread another time. It will be fun to give you another chance to demonstrate your stupidity, and to also demonstrate how you run and hide from things.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I know that post was not intended for me, but it got me thinking:. my recent post about stock blanks elicited a variety of responses, some directly conflicting one another. This gave me an idea for another thread. What I had in mind is finding stock blanks for sale online and getting opinions on things like species, grain flow, figure and defects. I'm not sure how much interest there would be, but it would be educational for me at least, and I suspect there are others who would benefit as well.

Jim
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: greener4me
If anyone has the time or inclination to look up the Bonehill Patent of 1878 for his design of a hammerless action, there may be reference to this indicator on the side of the action. Presumably the pointer is affixed to the tumbler pin/axle (just guessin').

You are indeed quite correct Mr. greener, that is no A&D boxlock. I tried to look at the link Tinkerer provided yesterday and it would not load, today it did. Pretty good pictures in Crudington and Baker volume 2 as well. I tried to scan the pics but it did not come out well, pg. 90 and 91 in the 1989 edition. I was completely wrong about the gun being a typical boxlock, though it appears that both the sear and the hammer position remain consistent the A&D design and the main difference is how the barrels manage to cock the hammers.

Here for the meltdowns
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Woodreaux

I know that post was not intended for me, but it got me thinking:. my recent post about stock blanks elicited a variety of responses, some directly conflicting one another. This gave me an idea for another thread. What I had in mind is finding stock blanks for sale online and getting opinions on things like species, grain flow, figure and defects. I'm not sure how much interest there would be, but it would be educational for me at least, and I suspect there are others who would benefit as well.

Do it Jim.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Tinker
[quote=Woodreaux]
Take a look at the link I posted earlier in this thread.

I thought it was interesting.

Here's the picture Tinker is referencing:

Jim
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The indicator screws into the hammer and rotates with it around the hammer pin it appears.

It has been a long time since I have seen one of those Bonehill guns.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Woodreaux thanks for the pic. It confirms the suspcion that there is a semi circular slot for the screw to rotate.

Other than a selling point, I cannot see any technical advantage to such an indicator, especially when it necessitates removing metal from that particular area.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.