March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
8 members (Lawrence Kotchek, Karl Graebner, Licensed to kill, KDGJ, Argo44, 1 invisible), 835 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,376
Posts544,023
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
I was completely wrong about the gun being a typical boxlock,

Of course you were completely wrong. And all it took was reading a book and a web source to understand and know it. Imagine that!

A little book knowledge can be an amazingly useful thing, so long as the book is accurate and correct. I have always considered my library of gunsmithing, and related books on wood and metal-working, to be among my most valuable tools. Same goes for the electrical, computer, or hydraulic work I do in my day job.

But with so much misinformation concerning methods of saw milling logs into lumber, and especially what constitutes rift-sawn lumber, I doubt you will ever be able to see and digest the facts... even with the total contradictions I have repeatedly and specifically pointed out to you. That's because you can become book smart without ever having the intelligence to process what you read and regurgitate. Being born with a low I.Q. is like being born without hands. You can never change it.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
I was completely wrong about the gun being a typical boxlock,

Of course you were completely wrong. And all it took was reading a book and a web source to understand and know it. Imagine that!

A little book knowledge can be an amazingly useful thing, so long as the book is accurate and correct. I have always considered my library of gunsmithing, and related books on wood and metal-working, to be among my most valuable tools. Same goes for the electrical, computer, or hydraulic work I do in my day job.

But with so much misinformation concerning methods of saw milling logs into lumber, and especially what constitutes rift-sawn lumber, I doubt you will ever be able to see and digest the facts... even with the total contradictions I have repeatedly and specifically pointed out to you. That's because you can become book smart without ever having the intelligence to process what you read and regurgitate. Being born with a low I.Q. is like being born without hands. You can never change it.

Start a new thread to full display your ignorance, you see both Hugh and I did not notice that this gun is a different patent because you can not see the front of the gun in the picture.

Poor Billie still does not understand stock blanks after at least three different people explained it to him. It must really suck to be so stupid as to think the whole world is wrong and you are correct. Though you did read an article on the internet, on a related but not exactly the same subject.

Please educated the gun trade on how it has been done wrong for decades Billie k.

You really are a special individual.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

The gun trade has not all been wrong about grain orientation in stock blanks Queen Stevie. Neither is the whole world. But you are. And that is why you feel the pathetic need to lie, and attempt to say that the sum of my knowledge on the subject comes from an internet article.

How does it feel to go through life as a gutless and dishonest coward? Don't worry though. There are still plenty of Libtards who think you have credibility. And why do you continue to run from so many things, such as your inability to pass a fairly easy walnut species identification test???... even after I had pointed out all of the discrepancies between Bob Cash's blank and his finished stock?

Bob was able to man-up and admit being wrong. But you keep putting your tail between your legs and trying to run away from your failure to see the obvious. No wonder you can't get it, and probably never will.

Are you getting much work done today??? Or am I interfering with you sub-contracting real gunsmith's to do the work your customers pay you to do?

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Woodreaux
Please start a new thread on grain flow in stock blanks. No need to pollute this thread any further with your ignorance.

I know that post was not intended for me, but it got me thinking:. my recent post about stock blanks elicited a variety of responses, some directly conflicting one another. This gave me an idea for another thread. What I had in mind is finding stock blanks for sale online and getting opinions on things like species, grain flow, figure and defects. I'm not sure how much interest there would be, but it would be educational for me at least, and I suspect there are others who would benefit as well.

I would really enjoy an on-going wood blank tutorial kind of thread. Great idea.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can start a thread later in the day and post some examples.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Shotgunlover
Woodreaux thanks for the pic. It confirms the suspcion that there is a semi circular slot for the screw to rotate.

Other than a selling point, I cannot see any technical advantage to such an indicator, especially when it necessitates removing metal from that particular area.

Yeah over engineered for what? Seems like a unwanted expense.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: battle
Originally Posted By: Shotgunlover
Woodreaux thanks for the pic. It confirms the suspcion that there is a semi circular slot for the screw to rotate.

Other than a selling point, I cannot see any technical advantage to such an indicator, especially when it necessitates removing metal from that particular area.

Yeah over engineered for what? Seems like a unwanted expense.

A hold over from the hammergun period. Some buyers liked to know if a hammerless gun was cocked by simply looking at without breaking the gun open. You still see them on many sidelocks today. I doubt the cocking indicators added much to the cost of the gun due to labor costs of the day.

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am not saying it is so, but cocking indicators, well executed, could be a best gun distinguishing feature on a boxlock.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Not saying so, either, craig, but a glance at my 1914 J.P. Sauer 16ga boxlock Model VIII with cocking indicators would tend to thinking similarly.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.