March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Karl Graebner, Marc Ret, LeFusil, SKB, RWG, Ken Nelson), 282 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,993
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
Sidelock

Brent - thanks for the clarification. At least I know.

However, I notice some poster's images appear within their post. Yet, I post a link that must be clicked on. I find the former preferable. I use Imgur as an outside photo hosting site. Perhaps Imgur isn't set up for this?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fred just provided me with some tutorial information. Here goes.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Bullard?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Remington40x
Bullard?

Yes, you have a good eye. There's lots of gun guys out there who have never heard of a Bullard. Over the years, I have talked with countless gun guys who, when the topic of a Bullard comes up, have corrected me and suggested I was mistaken, "Oh, you mean Ballard." This one is a .45-70 (or .45-85 Bullard). It is marked Cal. 45 and the case of the .45-70 and the .45-85 are the same.
The Bullard's are interesting as they are bottom loading and the action must be open to load the rifle.
This one is in very high condition with a mint bore.
I've taken it to the range several times.
Probably the most remarkable thing about the Bullard is the smooth as glass action. In my opinion, the action most closely resembles the modern Browning BLR rifle with it's rack and pinion action.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the Bullard lever rifle pictures Boltman. Smooth as glass is an amazing thing to experience on a hundred thirty year old rifle.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Boltman

However, I notice some poster's images appear within their post. Yet, I post a link that must be clicked on. I find the former preferable. I use Imgur as an outside photo hosting site. Perhaps Imgur isn't set up for this?

I miss understood your question. My apologies for that.

I also use imgur for posting photos here.

1. Start a message here.
2. In a new tab, click on the photo I'm imgur that you wish to display.
3. On the right hand side there will be a list of different way to refer to that photo. Just above the bottom of that list will be one that begins as [img].... click on the copy button next to this.
4. return to the tab with the post you are creating.
5. Move the cursor down to where you want the photo to appear.
6. Right click and choose paste.
The code for the photo, but not the photo itself should appear.
7. Finish the post you are creating and click submit.

This will almost always work. But there is one instance in which imgur will fail. If that happens, leave your post up as it is and I will show you how to fix it. I'm using a phone and it is sort of a pain to type a lengthy description of it.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks to Fred and Brent for the photo instruction. Also, thanks for the comments on the Bullard. I love this topic! I think it is sorely needed given the cancellation of gun shows. Looking at the initial photos on this thread, I am reminded I need to take some photos of my Ross left-hand conversion done by Woodward on an M-10.

Here is my .375 H&H Magnum built on a military Mauser action. Jeffery style stock. One of the aspects I like about this rifle was the meticulous action work that was done to make it fit and feed the .375 H&H cases like butter. Dennis Olson out of Montana did the action work many years ago.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
The Wright-stocked rifle I got recently and whose catalog photos were posted here has no Hoffman markings but does have identical front sight and barrel-mounted sling base. No doubt Wright had access to some Hoffman fittings. Both have Kornbrath engraving. It would be helpful to know how Wright's Hoffman work transitioned into his work on his own.

John Wright worked for Hoffman Arms in Cleveland.

Shane Robinson
Joplin, MO
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Boltman

If you use Imgur, it's even easier to insert a link than most other sites, and it is set up to do so. Simply open your account at Imgur, and then click on the image you want to post. On the right side you'll see various image links. Choose the "BBCode" one. Go down to the bottom and click on the "size chart". I usually use "medium" or "large". Then once you click the size then click on the "copy" by BBCode.
Now come to the site and make your usual post. When you want to insert the picture just hold your "ctrl" key down, while you tap the "v" key, and the image link will insert into your post.
It's that simple. You can keep the Imgur tab open while you're posting, and go back and capture as many images as you want to insert.

This is the "large" size image:

And the "medium":

Last edited by Vall; 08/06/20 07:57 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Vall, is that a cast action? What caliber?

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.