April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Roundsworth, ClapperZapper, Argo44, Jtplumb, Jeremy Pearce, 1 invisible), 1,200 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,144
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

This sounds a bit like an "I'll go you one better" thread?

Years ago I was hunting with a friend whose name was David but most people called him Davey.
We were hunting some heavily wooded, hilly land in Tennessee.

I was off to his side, checking his location often when I spotted a pretty sizeable bear. I walked toward him to inform him and just as he came into my view I saw a Mountain Lion approaching him to his left. The bear was coming toward him from his right.
He raised his rifle, aimed square at a Large Boulder located smack dab between the two approaching animals, and fired a shot.
When the smoke from his musket cleared there lay both animals, stone dead.
In case you haven't guessed His last name was Crockett ~

Sidelock
Sidelock

Lots of ways to a bird dinner if you are "lucky". My folks kept my golden for a year why I was overseas on a postdoc. They regularly would hear a thump on the kitchen window and go out to investigate. It was always a grouse which Jess found in the junipers. It got to be a bit of a routine for them, and they ended up with several grouse dinners that year. Never happened before or after.

Dad also ate a well tenderized rooster that took out the grill in his Buick Elektra, but that was just plain spite. Wasn't a lot of bird to cook but he was determined to eat that one as he had to pay for it.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Online Embarrased
Sidelock

I was posted along a forest trail 1 time running rabbits with my friends, and a sizable cottontail came running down the trail fleeing the hound. As it ran past me I stuck my foot out, It hit my foot, and And died right there.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

A friend of mine for 50 years, Vietnam veteran and published writer on Vietnam, has claimed to this day that he killed 7 quail with one .308 round. He's from Arizona. He saw a bunch of quail run into a draw and fired at them. The bed of the arroyo was filled with gravel. He got them all with "secondaries" from the flying gravel. He swears by this story to this day and is not prone to lying (even though he was Special Forces in Vietnam).

Last edited by Argo44; 10/09/20 08:40 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

About ten years ago, a friend was driving us back from a morning duck hunt. Seven or eight Huns popped up on the side of the road and they did a half scurry, half flight across the road. When one of those brown puff balls went through his pickup grill, it probably sounded about like a muffled .410. The hissing from his radiator got much more attention, never did bother figuring out where the Hun ended up.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Some of my greatest memories and fun afield occurred while chasing bunnies with a pack of beagles, and one of the most unusual memories took place on a hunt near Sandersville, GA. It was February and very late in the season; and it was hot weather, too hot actually with temps in low 80's. It was also rutting season, a fact no more clearly illustrated than when the dogs opened up in a thicket and ran out a bunny with another holding onto its back. Only time I've ever witnessed two running cottontails bagged with one shot.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.