April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Argo44, Vol423, Hammergun, Sun Dog, 2 invisible), 375 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,793
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Run with the Fox: Yes I am a hunter, more than any, a quail hunter. In Mexico we have 11 different quail species and I can hunt 4 of them at 2 hrs or less from my home in Mexico city.

By the way, congratulations for your spanish knowledge!

Best regards,

Jose M. Fernandez
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gracias amigo mio- el gusto es de mio. No tenemos quail aqui in MI- No es possible para cazadora los palomas tambien. Que lastima, no es verdad.? Via con Dios Sr.. El Zorro!! Y muy bueno suerte y para que dedicarse al esport de la caza en Mexico, y tambien en Los Estados Unitos, si como no?? El Zorro- otra vez..

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Fox, you speaking/writing Spanish is really impressive. Jose, and others, I can see how the friction brake acts as a break when it's up on the muzzle end of the spring, but not when it's at the receiver end. To me it's just a spacer to make the spring a little stronger. Maybe someone could say if that's correct or not. Is the rubber washer home made, and about how think is yours. Thanks - Paul

Sidelock
Sidelock

Paul: Maybe I do not explain correctly how I use the rubber gasket.
I bought in a harware store for US 10 cents a piece; for a 12 ga the 1" diameter adjust perfect to the outer magazine tube.
I trim the outside diameter of the gasket to fit the contour of the barrel guide.
To assamble, you put the spring and all the friction rings and conical washers as normal, then the barrel and, AFTER you put the barrel, the rubber gasket.
The rubber piece must be between the barrel and forend.

When the barrel returns at the final of the reloading cicle, it hits hard the forend, but this rubber gaskets dampen the smack to avoid craks. In my shotgun, that is a Breda semiauto, not a Browning A5, it preserves the integrity of the forend wood just nice.
I hope this new explanation clarify the use of the gasket.

Best,

Jose M. Fernandez
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Yo entiendo, Jose-- pero las escopetas hechan en Belgium, altima qualitad, no es verdad.? Breda- no sabes.

Hechan en Europa?? Con su permisso, amigo mio,una pregunta aqui-- Tienes algunas escopetas hechan in Espana? Quizas: Sarasqueta, o Arrizabalga, o AYA--??

El escritador muy famosa y un Rey Del Mundo hombre tambien, Don Ernesto Hemingway donarse escopetas a Srs. Bud Purdy y Aaron Hotchner, amigoes de Idaho-- Sarasqueta quizas?? El Zorro

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sr. Zorro: Un placer saludarlo nuevamente.

My Breda semiauto is a good utility shotgun; of course it is made in Italy in the 60´s. It has 4 original interchangable outside chokes (0, 10, 20 and 30 thousands), well ahead of its time. Exactly the same long recoil system as the Browning A5.

About SxS shotguns (my passion) from Spain I had a Pedro Arrizabalaga 20 ga and a Ignacio Ugartechea 12 ga; both great quailty, but probably Arrizabalaga the best: The sound the shotgun make every time you close it says "perfect adjustment".

Regards,

Jose M. Fernandez
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mil gracias, y muy buena suerte con los quail y palomas en este season del cazadoreo. El Zorro!!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.