March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Southern Sport), 860 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22
LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
LRF, I'm not criticizing your barrel choice but want to remind all here that you can get a barrel from Douglas in two weeks. For me at 80 (in 2 wks) that's a real plus. I've used them exclusively for 25 yrs and always had fine results.

If your comment about being 80 implies your time left on earth is limited, well I am 70 and if I don't get the barrel before I am not here anymore, would I know? .....No

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the updates. That picture of your express sight made me think, possibly order a little bit of platinum wire and tap it in to that center eye alignment groove. Maybe, with that British styled express sight, revisit the striker peep configuration. Only thinking out loud, nothing more.

I wouldn't have the slightest qualms with your barrel choice, have you ever considered the Brux folks. I ask only for curiosity if they are held in good regard around the area?

LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: craigd
I wouldn't have the slightest qualms with your barrel choice, have you ever considered the Brux folks. I ask only for curiosity if they are held in good regard around the area?

I have not looked at Brux so can't help. Krieger are nice and I have had excellent results with them.

LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Continuing to move forward on the project. Its slow because the barrel is still some months away but a few things are coming together. I now have a design plan for the magazine, set trigger setup and takedown design. I have physically been working on sights and the bolt handle. I have attached two pics: another design for a 3 leaf express and the new bolt handle welded and rough finished. Oh, also decided to make a Lyman 36 type peep sight. Will show when I get it done.

LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Update: Made the peep sight for the project. It is basically a Lyman 36 with my own spin and improvements. It will be final finished and elevation and windage hash marks added after testing.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Beautiful work, thanks Lynn for sharing it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Looking good. Will the scales be verniers?

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
.....Will the scales be verniers?

Yes....."A vernier scale is a visual aid to take an accurate measurement reading between two graduation markings on a linear scale by using mechanical interpolation; thereby increasing resolution and reducing measurement uncertainty by using vernier acuity to reduce human estimation error."

Last edited by LRF; 11/08/20 01:56 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

What a great project. I look forward to progress reports at every stage.

Bill Ferguson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: LRF
Originally Posted By: BrentD
.....Will the scales be verniers?

Yes....."A vernier scale is a visual aid to take an accurate measurement reading between two graduation markings on a linear scale by using mechanical interpolation; thereby increasing resolution and reducing measurement uncertainty by using vernier acuity to reduce human estimation error."

It's a bit more than that. Just like a slide rule is a bit more than a generic yardstick.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.