March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Marc Ret, SKB, Argo44, FlyChamps, 1 invisible), 370 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,002
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22
Sidelock
Sidelock

LRF,
When intalling a Mauser DST in another type rifle, it is common to weld an extension onto the "kicker" that fits to the sear, to adapt to the particular rifle. Also the military sear spring always has to be shortened in order for the spring in the DST to be able to overcome it and trip the sear. I guess you know this, but I couldn't tell from the statements above, this is not an insult.
Mike

LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks Der Ami, yes I did know this, however no problem with sharing information for those that may not know. Always an issue on what info I should share and what isn't necessary to say. Thanks again for your input.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Don't hesitate on the details. Some of us are learning.
Chuck

LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuckster
Don't hesitate on the details. Some of us are learning.
Chuck
LOL smile , as well as me.
I made great progress on the set trigger / sear kicker configuration and got it to work well. Now some further refinement work and maybe I can post a picture of that.
I have been feeling under the weather for about a week now. My sons family lives with me and apparently they all have tested positive for the COVID so I am getting tested today. Most likely I have it also and will know in a couple days. So far it hasn't been bad and I have been quarantined so having this project is nice. Anyway, back to the firing mechanism later this morning.
Thanks Chuck for your kind comment

LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

A question came up on how the peep sight swing arm is retained in the elevation arm. Maybe a little more detail will help. Lyman used a small screw (verified by Fred, thanks). When I first made one of these peep sights, back in the spring for my MS M1910, I first created a 3D model to test my design thoughts. So I have attached a section view from that 3D model which clearly shows how the swing arm is always captured even while swinging the arm around 360 degrees.

LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

The kicker made and it works. Gun fires whether set trigger is set or just using the front trigger. In final finish the kicker will be hardened and polished

Next is work on the takedown concept and doing the mods to the action before the barrel arrives in a few weeks. (I hope)

Last edited by LRF; 11/16/20 09:05 PM.
LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thought I should update on the project as its been a few weeks since last I posted. The reason is because I caught the COVID in mid November and was quite sick for 3 weeks only starting to improve last Thursday and since then trying to re-build my strength. The VID is a real pisser and don't Poo Poo it especially if your older.
Well back to the project... At the beginning I talked about modifying the magazine system. What I didn't like was that while bolting the last round out of the enbloc clip it would fall out the bottom of the action onto the ground and possibly get lost. The clips for these guns are not readily available so trying to retain it was a priority. I wanted o design a catch that would stop the falling clip and then it could be removed when I wanted.
I have attached 2 pictures of my solution. The first is the catch in the closed position and then with the catch swung down to allow the clip to fall out. The catch is activated by the same clip release button used to unload a loaded clip up thru the top. I have some finishing work yet to do but it works nicely and I am happy with it.

LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Got the receiver inlet into the stock. I am waiting the barrel which is due in a few weeks

Long ways to go, will start on bottom metal inletting

Sidelock
Sidelock

I like the 'clip saver' style that uses a small pivoting door that covers the open slot and hinges open and closed going over center on flat spring inside the mag box.
A small ear on each side of the door and relief cuts in the side of the box allow easy access to the cover.
I think a couple of my '88 sporters have it but I haven't looked at them in quite a while.

Glad you beat back the C'vd19. Nasty stuff for many.

LRF Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Kutter
I like the 'clip saver' style that uses a small pivoting door that covers the open slot and hinges open and closed going over center on flat spring inside the mag box.
A small ear on each side of the door and relief cuts in the side of the box allow easy access to the cover.
I think a couple of my '88 sporters have it but I haven't looked at them in quite a while.

Glad you beat back the C'vd19. Nasty stuff for many.

Thank you Kutter for your kind words about that "VID". Stay safe.

".....small pivoting door that covers the open slot and hinges open and closed going over center on flat spring inside the mag box...."
I do not think I have seen anything before that matches as you describe, If possible I would very much like to examine pics of what you are talking about. Sounds quite interesting. If you can share please do so. Thanks again.

Page 5 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 21 22

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.