April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (FlyChamps, Argo44, Replacement, Marks_21, rocky mtn bill), 1,219 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,469
Posts545,145
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
LRF Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not that I know of. Most use Imgur and its easy.

Sidelock
Sidelock

No, you cannot do that. This a pretty primitive forum = about 4-5 generations behind the times. You need to put your photos on a third party photo hosting site and then link to them in your posts here.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Boxlock
Boxlock

I guess that explains why I could not find alternate instructions. :-)
I am not ready to sign up with a third party photo posting site I am getting to old to deal with all the passwords i am dealing with now.

Is linking to another site like Krag Collectors Association acceptable here?

I post on the Practical Machinist forum and mentioning the CNC Zone site is forbidden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

If you can email your pictures to me, I'll post them for you.

Use this email. Brentd@iastate.edu

Last edited by BrentD; 11/19/20 04:27 PM.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have a wonderful Krag, sporterized probably by Stoeger, with a low bucks peep sight, uncheckered wood, steel buttplate. It is built in classic style and a bit of checkering would bring it to much higher level of value and wonder. I have never shot it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Post pictures! I'd love to see it. I have a nicely sporterized Krag but no idea who did it.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

these are for FredC.

_________

Sidelock
Sidelock

Excellent!

Get your Krag Sporter photos up here fellas - Eight bore and Brent

I'd like to see them.

Cool rifle, Fred
Looking good!

Boxlock
Boxlock

Well you can see it is not configured like a classic. The sight mount also serves as a pillar attachment point, with no barrel bands a US Krag needs a front pillar or something to keep it from trying to climb out of the stock when fired. The electronic sight is for hunting pigs in low light and fast getting on target. Disappointed that it does not transmit enough light to be used in moonlight. Interchangeable brass plates cover the 2 forward pillar screws. Stainless barrel sort of matched the patina of the old receiver. Should hit hard with 35 Remington bullets and a velocity 1/2 way between 35 Rem and 358 Winchester.

A friend of my uncle made or fitted a sporter stock, it was not well done and took many months to get it to the point oringinal type screws would line up with the receiver.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The resurrection of this thread made me recall a Krag rifle I bought at auction several years ago and stashed away. A somewhat typical cut down rifle with the exception of the CAL.22 LR receiver. The barrel and bolt are standard .30-40. The rifle is equipped with a Pacific rear sight base but the slide is long gone. The barrel is drilled and tapped for a set of Weaver bases that are contoured to match the barrel profile which allows a Scout type scope mount. I removed the bases and attached a rear adjustable sight for preliminary load testing. The barrel was installed with a short head space. Consequently, I had to shorten a sizing die to enable easy chambering of the brass. That all done, the rifles accuracy is very good with both lead and jacketed bullets as the bore is excellent.

Question:
Does the CAL.22 LR receiver add any particular value to the gun? I would expect a .22 LR Krag barrel and bolt to be plenty scarce.

Thanks,
Ken

Dodging lions and wasting time.....
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.