April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (j7l2, Steve Nash, canvasback, cpa, earlyriser, 1 invisible), 498 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,473
Posts545,160
Members14,409
Most Online1,335
Apr 27th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
I would like to hear some feedback on my one comment. Thanks.

If hammer prices were what one paid, I might be more inclined to frequent auctions. But as that is not how it works, I look for my next gun elsewhere.

That's all I got. LOL

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Wheel guns outta fashion. Maybe so, but my Python 7" barrel, custom shop circa 1968 ish- and Dad's older Detective Special Snubbie are my mainstays- although I have a .45ACP Combat Commander, all defensive weapons-and 100% dead reliable. One talking point on wheelguns, even a S&W Dirty Harry .44 Mag- no springs are under tension, outside hammer gives a great trigger pull in single action mode, and an evil-doer in a CQC scenario can see the bullet tips in the cylinder- he has to know (unless he is coked out of his mind) that you have a loaded piece pointed at his "wind and water" sector-and the outcome of his confrontation might spell the end of his nefarious criminal career-RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Is there room in the front end of a 44 or 45 caliber bullet for a small laser light? I once faced off a criminal with a K-22. He kept advancing until I pointed the gun at full arm's length right at his eye. A larger bullet face at the front of the cylinder would have stopped him quicker. Thanks, Foxy.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: eightbore
Is there room in the front end of a 44 or 45 caliber bullet for a small laser light? I once faced off a criminal with a K-22. He kept advancing until I pointed the gun at full arm's length right at his eye. A larger bullet face at the front of the cylinder would have stopped him quicker. Thanks, Foxy.

You sure you're not Joe Biden in disguise....

That is about the gun' dumbest thing I've ever read....a laser light inside a bullet you say.

Gun Dumbest award for 2020 goes to you.

Hal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is even worse for those of us who collect highly specialized and esoteric items of interest to few others. My collection of Chinese firecracker packs and labels is a case in point. Don't wish to burden my kids with it, so maybe best thing is to donate to charity and hope they have the expertise to make some money selling the items or the whole collection. Museums or foundations would be the only places where the collection might be kept intact. Hate to see it all go to the dumpground.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hal, the New Year's Eve relieving us from the year 2020 would be a good time to take your collection out with a "Bang!"...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Getting the thread back on track...Those concerned about the demise of the fine English double can perhaps take heart in the following article from Diggory regarding the September auctions in England. All is not doom and gloom.

Vintage Guns UK auction article

Note in particular the reference to the high quality, non-big 3 sales such as William and Co and Symes & Wright.

Owen
Sidelock
Sidelock

Good question, Bill. There might well be, well worth researching- similar perhaps to the "spot-shot" lites touted for use in indoor practice for "Move-Mount-Shoot" drills I would guess. A neighbor, retired State Trooper, told me he had emptied his Glock, when another bad guy entered in the fight, and Al bluffed him, somehow making the perp back down and drop his knife-- I asked him if he had stopped to buy a lottery ticket afterwards-RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Auction houses are doing well as many people are forced to by age or decide by life choices to sell off their wares. Since the house has nothing invested and their fees seem to be ever increasing, they will make money with every sale regardless of what price is realized. What I wonder is how few buyers entering the market will keep prices steady.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Run With The Fox
Good question, Bill. There might well be, well worth researching- similar perhaps to the "spot-shot" lites

Looks like Eightbore might have some competition....

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.