March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Stanton Hillis, Hammergun, R. Glenz, 2 invisible), 329 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 40 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 39 40
Sidelock
Sidelock

As I said the Borovnik 20 bore Dreiling was very lively.....

I as guide, instructor, photographer, cinematographer, chronologer, etc., I needed all the aide I could muster.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey,
Be sure to save the photos( have prints made), they will be worth more than gold in your old age, when you tell your boys' children about the time they hunted "ditch parrots". You might not think so now, but you will when you are threequarters of a century old. Good show.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the wisdom there Ford. Yes, I have the image files archived in several different locales with one in Solid State. All the Boys are counting down the days till next year. Every evening whilst we were duck hunting, 6k to 8k Mallards would arrive just after shooting hours and tornado down in a Milo field right beside us to dry feed in the Moonlight. The 1st morning 30k - 50k Snows made a thunderous sound as they rose & it really grabbed the Boys attention.

One of the dogs in our troupe dishragged this Cat early on Opening Morning. We see & find so much in such a short amount of time.

Benjamin finds his 1st Kansas set of horns

Benjamin's & Ela's 1st Quail.

Owen was doing similar but when our group of say 2 dozen to 2 1/2 dozen split up, Benjamin was always closer to me.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Raimey, great pictures and glad to see that Benjamin had a great time. Badgers are nasty animals and not a good match for a dog to encounter one.

David

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd be more worried about Ella swimming down that raccoon. A hunting partner lost a full grown wirehaired Griffon to a coon in a pond. Never thought it could happen, but it did.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: BrentD
I'd be more worried about Ella swimming down that raccoon. A hunting partner lost a full grown wirehaired Griffon to a coon in a pond. Never thought it could happen, but it did.

When I was about 16 I watched a Coon try to drown my uncle's pointer, good thing he was a steady shot with a .22 or I'm pretty sure it would have ended in the same fashion as it did for your friend's Griffon.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
Originally Posted By: BrentD

When I was about 16 I watched a Coon try to drown my uncle's pointer, good thing he was a steady shot with a .22 or I'm pretty sure it would have ended in the same fashion as it did for your friend's Griffon.

I had heard these stories when I was a kid and always wrote them off to tall tales. Sadly, such was not the case.

Wish I could post some picts here, but I'm out of the bird hunting game for indeterminant time now.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'm fairly confident that the Badger was neutralized by a very large 130lb? Black Lab. My hope was that Ela wouldn't engage such @ 18 months old.

But yes, my worry was the Coon incident. We were in an Oxbow & I was organizing a blind & the kids. I had ASSUMED that Ela would be fine on her own little adventure but then I heard her barking and getting closer & closer. Now the bush was some kind of thick & there was little way she was moving that fast on land. So I went to investigate & found her barking & nipping the Coon on the tail as they both were swimming down a River. Thank goodness I had worked with her enough that she would disengage on command.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

We covered Sections and Sections of land with a daily average of 6 - 8 miles.

Then there were the nightly events @ the Motel Cleaning Station.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

And yes, we did keep up w/ our studies whilst we were able to slip away from School due to the COVID-19 crisis. We made some cultural stops like Cabelas and the World's Largest Ball of Twine with Meade's Ranch(centre of 1927 U.S. of A. Continental Datum) just West of us and the Geographic centre of the Continental U.S. of A. just North of us.

But sometimes were we @ a restaurant eating and trying to complete & submit a composition on >>Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde<< just mere seconds before the cutoff on the submission time.

Cheers,

Raimey
rse

Page 18 of 40 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 39 40

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.