March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (susjwp, SKB, Hammergun, canvasback, Stanton Hillis, 1 invisible), 307 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,979
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: nca225
[quote=Stan]
The reason I ask is that no one complains about a raised rib on an O/U. Almost all of them have 'em. I've only shot one O/U in my life that didn't have a raised rib and that was a Valmet Waterfowler, which was built with 36" barrels. It has no rib, to save weight obviously, but has a short "stub rib" fore and aft.

SRH

YMMV Stan, but it seems to me that since a raised rib on a SxS just looks god awful. Seems more at home on a O/U or single barreled gun. Basis for less complaints? Maybe. This only comes from a perspective of aesthetics though and not functionality.

Last edited by nca225; 12/17/20 06:53 PM.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan
Thanks, Cold Iron. I was also curious about how reliable the single trigger has been. Any issues with it not firing, or doubling?

Thanks for the offer. If I'm up that way .........

SRH

Interesting question, and timely.

Right before hunting season started while shooting SC it doubled on me and then became a single shot. Have ~8K rounds through it.

They have a Lifetime Warranty and I just called them today about it. The guy I talked to about it said that is the first 12 or 20 that has had that issue and he wanted the serial number so that he could track it. He did say that they had a few 28 and 410's that had the trigger issue after ~6K or so rounds but no 12 or 20 ga. guns. So sounds like he was being honest about it.

I asked if I could take it to a large gun repair shop near me that fixed my Winchester 23 that had the same issue and if so could they order the parts from Dickinson in Ca. He said that they prefer that I send it to the Oregon repair shop so that they could take a detailed look at it and inspect the rest of the internals.

He told me to call back in a month and he would give me a detailed report on the repair work and inspection.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Thanks, CI. I've seen so many single trigger probs on Turkish guns. I just have my doubts that they've got single triggers as reliable as, say, a Beretta. Double trigger guns they've made seem to be 100% reliable. My two-trigger Dickinson S X S Estate hasn't given one single problem.

Best, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Konor3inch
Originally Posted By: Imperdix
I`ve always thought that a great opportunity was missed by both the English and Spanish guntrade by not building basic guns specifically for clay shooting.They may have still been making a reasonable number of guns!!!! Guns such as AYA #3 and #4 etc to a decent weight with a flat rib.
Instead they watched their business die......
Good to see someone is now making the effort!

An AYA built replica of Percy Stanbury's Webley 400 would be my choice, I've never liked a raised rib on a side by side like Greener's Blue Rock Pigeon gun or the more modern Model 23. I can see the attraction of the CSMC though.

For hunting I don't normally like a rib although it isn't a show stopper for me. I like the raised rib on my Plantation Sporters for clays. And Winchester 23.

The 2 Winchester 21's to the left of my 23 have raised ribs and don't often hear many people complain about them, but not sure why many consider them "OK". The 16 ga. AyA °2 in the rack on my buggy is of course not a raised rib. Wish I would had taken a picture from the other side now LOL.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Stan the interenet hOe
Originally Posted By: CluelessjOe
How much shotgun credibility can a Verona get you Queeny...

just saying.

Not much. I let my shooting create my shotgun credibility. I have been beaten by lesser guns.

But, I'll make yOu an offer. Set up a round of sporting clays at your local club and I'll shoot against yOu next time I pass through Memphis, which will be in the next few weeks with a little cooperation from the ducks over on the L 'Anguille. I'll shoot my 28 ga. junk Verona against yOur 12 ga. 101. That's right, a 28 against a 12, factory loads, heads up. Winner gets bragging rights. Loser pays for the winner's round of clays. A picture of the scorecard gets posted on here. I would offer to shoot you for pink slips but I don't want a 12 gauge 101 any more than yOu want a 28 gauge Verona.

SRH

I'd be skeered you'd shoOt me Veronica

Sidelock
Sidelock

Damn Stan, I haven't logged on here in months - going on years - but I do admit to a sort of voyeuristic weakness that brings me back once in a while. Your offer seems legit; I hope it's accepted. My bet's on you!

Last edited by Fin2Feather; 12/17/20 08:49 PM.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Originally Posted By: Stan the interenet hOe
Originally Posted By: CluelessjOe
How much shotgun credibility can a Verona get you Queeny...

just saying.

Not much. I let my shooting create my shotgun credibility. I have been beaten by lesser guns.

But, I'll make yOu an offer. Set up a round of sporting clays at your local club and I'll shoot against yOu next time I pass through Memphis, which will be in the next few weeks with a little cooperation from the ducks over on the L 'Anguille. I'll shoot my 28 ga. junk Verona against yOur 12 ga. 101. That's right, a 28 against a 12, factory loads, heads up. Winner gets bragging rights. Loser pays for the winner's round of clays. A picture of the scorecard gets posted on here. I would offer to shoot you for pink slips but I don't want a 12 gauge 101 any more than yOu want a 28 gauge Verona.

SRH

I'd be skeered you'd shoOt me Veronica

ROTFLMAO

No, not in TN. Don't want to get locked up in Memphis.

Besides, I don't like wasting shells ............ laugh

SRH

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd be worried you couldn't hold out it's a pretty long walk.

Plus we have lots of water hAzards.

Just saying.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just saying.

JoeFrank,
You sure do make a mean chickencluck. Yup, you sound like a chicken by any definition of the term.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Just saying.

I don't need anybody to make excuses for me. The offer stands. If you change your mind ..........

SRH

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.