March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Ted Schefelbein, David Williamson, Southern Sport, Sandlapper), 276 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

This one is stocked with just a little cast-on/ for a lefty. I am right handed and I shoot it occasionally at skeet but not very well. So, I am thinking of sending it out to have it bent for cast off. Simple enough. It becomes a little convoluted when considering that the Cody Letter notes the gun was delivered with cast on.
The gun is 90%+; no alterations. 26" barrels as I think they all probably had.
I like to honor provenance when I can but I recognize that I need to do one of 3 things: sell the gun as is, send it out to be bent to cast off. Or even restock it and keep the original as is.
Please chime in if you care to. Many thanks, Gil

[IMG]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gil:

I would encourage you to find a LH shooter to adopt it. As a scattergunner of the other shoulder, I often take note of cast-on guns, and admit this is probably the first M21 Skeet I've heard of with factory cast-on.

LH Winchester rifles are bringing a premium price these days, and I suspect a high condition cast-on M21 with factory letter would as well.

GG

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sell, I say SELL a gun ??
Wow, Hotel California NOT!
smile

Mike

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Is it possible to remove the original stock and yet keep the original stock in a good condition should one later want to reinstall it? If so then why not restock to fit you?

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

21 stocks show up on the used market fairly often, I would find a spare and alter it to your needs.

Steve

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns-f...un_id=101295360

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

They did not all have 26" barrels. In fact, in the fifties, 26" skeet barrels were not listed in the catalog, they were special order. 28" barrels were the standard issue for skeet guns.

Sidelock
Sidelock

For $40, I would sure lace this on before spending any
restocking money or selling the gun

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/triple-k-leather-cheek-pad

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: gil russell

I like to honor provenance when I can but I recognize that I need to do one of 3 things: sell the gun as is, send it out to be bent to cast off. Or even restock it and keep the original as is.

Some people simply have no reading comprehension, or respond without even reading. Here's proof:

Originally Posted By: nca225
Is it possible to remove the original stock and yet keep the original stock in a good condition should one later want to reinstall it? If so then why not restock to fit you?

1805 posts, and still nothing useful.

I like the suggestion from skeettx to try the lace on cheek pad first. Keeps the gun original, and permits you to see if the change in cast improves your scores.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.