March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jimmy W, KDGJ, smlekid, Owenjj3, Argo44), 822 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Well I didn't think it could get worse but damn if it didn't. I have been on line and calling places looking for some 2 1/2" 410 target loads.
I was lucky the other day to find a guy that had some 28's and he had some 410's but in #6.
So if one is to believe that eight million new shooters are causing this I'm not buying it. I would think the new gun owners would be buying pistol ammo.
At my gun club they are now restricting sale of ammo to limited boxes only if you are shooting there that day.
This has got to start hurting the gun clubs, Saturday at my club there was only one guy on the pistol range when usually it is full.

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not sure if this is accurate or not, but seemed informative:

https://www.outdoorlife.com/story/g...ral-premiums-president-has-some-answers/

Sidelock
Sidelock

I tried two Walmarts and Academy Sports trying to find some 20 ga. shells for test firing and none were to be had. They had 12, 16, and 28 but not very much. None of the stores have any center fire or rimfire rifle and pistol ammo. Our local Wildlife range has lots of people at the handgun range and 90% are new faces. Most are first time gun owners. People are scared.

I think Vanderbrink and Hornady are correct and telling the truth. There is an old saying that a traffic jam is a collision between free enterprise and statism. Industry can supply all the cars we need but the state is woefully inadequate supplying the roads. In this case, the state and its allies are terrifying people faster than industry can provide the arms.

Recently a local gun store was burgled. I hope the thieves found more guns than the rest of us. That's like digging for ice cubes in Sahara.

I wish I could buy primers and bullets so I can just go the range and enjoy shooting.

1 member likes this: pamtnman
Sidelock
Sidelock

I passed thru a couple local Walmarts & only 28 bore was available. And it appears that they are getting out of gun sales as the gun carrousels had been removed and a small glass display with trail cameras replaced it.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Just be happy you don't live in Kalifornia! DOJ has to approve you to buy shotgun shells.

I learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what I learned the day before was wrong

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello gentlemen:

If you think your ammo shortage is bad, see what happens south of the border: to purchase shotgun ammo and 22 lr, you need to make an appointment by e-mail, then they give you a date 4-5 weeks ahead.

When you arrive to the store (it is located in a military facility) at exatly the our of your appointment, you are informed that you can only buy 1,000 shotgun shells and 500 22lr.

The worst part is that you are happy when you go out the store, because you have some ammo!!

The pandemia changes our lives worldwide.

Best regards,

Jose M. Fernandez
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you, Jose. Sometimes we, in America, need to be reminded how fortunate we are, and not complain so much.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Thank you, Jose. Sometimes we, in America, need to be reminded how fortunate we are, and not complain so much.

SRH

When we stop complaining...is when we end up in Jose’s situation. I say complain and complain loud....if you think the politicians haven’t taken notice of the shortages and their gears aren’t spinning in their head on how to make this an advantage to their anti-2nd amendment agenda...well, it’ll be the beginning of the end. California’s ammo laws are what they’re aiming for for the rest of the country.

2 members like this: Geo. Newbern, pamtnman
Sidelock
Sidelock

Agreed for the most part, Dustin. But, complaining on a shotgun forum isn't going to make the politicians take heed. Voting the antigun ones out of office will. Complaining here is like preaching to the choir.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gave a guy at work a couple bricks of old .22 ammunition, mostly Winchester Wildcat, from the early 80s. Had his back against the wall trying to finish his pistol league. I didn’t realize how tough things had gotten out there.

I’d bet it gets no better, at least not for the next four years. They promised it.

Best,
Ted

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.