March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (WJW), 795 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,013
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
....I’d bet it gets no better, at least not for the next four years. They promised it....
In some ways, Jose's experiences buying ammo might just be a metaphor of the hoops most of the US jumps through. Just for the illusion of having some fortune for being gouged.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Four friends scheduled a last hurrah duck hunt on the Maryland Eastern Shore. The guide got us our pontoon blind off of Tilghman Island and we reserved our hotel rooms in Saint Michael’s. Uuuummmm we began asking each other, Do you have steel shot? I can’t find much.
I myself was fortunate to successfully ransack my basement stash as well as the attic, where about two boxes of 3” #2s and BBs were discovered, along with ten rounds of 3.5” BBs. Some of the metal bases were rusted and had to be “honed” down to bare steel. But I went armed with enough for my own needs and able to help out one of the guys, had anyone run out of their own steel shot. Normally, at the end of the season I will give my leftover shot shells to the guide or the helper, for last minute stragglers. Not this year. All those formerly rusted rounds that were not shot returned home with me tonight. Lord only knows when we will see more basic shotgun ammo, because for the past three weeks I have tried WalMart, Bass Pro, and the Hamburg Cabelas with no success.
Whatever industry leaders are saying about this shortage, I have a tough time reconciling it with reality. Eight million new gun owners may want ammo, but I’ll bet all my GameStop stock that they aren’t hoarding 12 gauge steel shot. Where the heck did THAT go?!

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by pamtnman
I’ll bet all my GameStop stock that they aren’t hoarding 12 gauge steel shot. Where the heck did THAT go?!

Why would a prepper care what kind of shot is in a round? I'd think they would just as soon have steel as lead.

Then there are the hordes of young guys, teenagers by the truckloads, that have started duck hunting in the last few years. It's like an epidemic around here. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of duck hunters hasn't increased five fold in the last few seasons here. And, they aren't holding back on the shooting, either. Skybusting at everything they see with their jammamatics.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
PALUNC Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Been watching all these You Tube videos from these ammo Manufacturers and I say BS! Gun clubs are going to suffer as people will not have ammo to shoot clays or pistols and rifles.
Now with the new leadership we have it is only to get worse. Covid will continue in to 2022. Riots will only get more and more violent because of lockdowns and the conspiracies'. So this ammo shortage will only get worse. Eventually people will start selling their guns since they have no ammo to use.
Sounds like a plan to me.

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

Many of the new gun owners think that $35.00 + for a box of shells is a normal price. They have no idea that these same shells were easy to find and under $20.00 a box not long ago.

PULL!
Hal M. Hare
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gun store these days are almost empty. Watched two guys buy seven flats of 12 ammo last week. That cleaned that gun shop out of Federal 12 ammo for clay targets. Only good thing was I knew they were buying it for a local trap club to keep them open and selling ammo for a bit longer. That club limits you to two boxes at a time.

Gun shop in my area have almost zero in powder or primers. Even the weird numbers are gone. It’s panic buying and hoarding. I’m the same but did mine over the last four years asi have stocked up my reloading supplies. So right now I’m not buying anything unless it’s discontinued like 800X which I found seven pounds on a shelf. I bought four so I could load 2 1/2” 20s for a couple years more before I need to find another low pressure short load, with some other powder. I left three cans behind so someone else could have a little.

I am sure the drop off of Remington ammo production made this worse. I’ve heard conspiracy theories that “Federal” bought them out to eliminate competition but you don’t spend that kind of money just to shut them down unless you convert their plant into yours. Remington will be making ammo under the Remington name soon. They might be a reduced product line for sometime but that’s a marketing decision.

I recall Ruger has so many guns on back order a few years ago they stopped taking orders. It was a years total production and hastened the end of the newly redesigned Red Label that was supposed to have fixed that guns minor issues. So massive backlogs of orders and shortages of guns and ammo is nothing new. I just hope it passes in four years because I don’t have eight years supply of stuff.

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

It is not just ammo, quite a few things are back ordered in the firearms trade. Covid has slowed production and caused a large supply chain disruption. I have both bottom metal and barrels back ordered when a year ago I could simply place a call and get what I wanted shipped. Increased demand, combined with a decreased supply and this is what we see. On the upside, gun sales are stronger than they have been in some time. I have the majority of what I need on hand but will continue to be stocking up when the the chance arises.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Well, well, well... another ammo shortage thread. I'll bet it won't be the last either.

Unfortunately, some here seem to have a little problem connecting the dots. Dustin and Stan and Ted seem to get it...

Originally Posted by Ted Schefelbein
I’d bet it gets no better, at least not for the next four years. They promised it.

Best,
Ted

But for those with short memories, think back to how bad things got with ammo shortages and gun prices going nuts when Democrat Bill Clinton got his Assault Weapons Ban passed and anti-gun Democrats weere trying to bankrupt the firearms industry with frivolous lawsuits.

Then George Bush got elected and allowed the Assault Weapons ban to sunset. In addition, he signed the" Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act" in 2005 that was brought to us by our NRA and House and Senate Republicans. So the panic buying situation eased up.

Then another anti-gun Democrat Barack Hussein Obama, and his anti-gun running mate Joe Biden got elected, with promises of new anti-2nd Amendment measures. The 2013 Newtown shooting gave them the opening they wanted, and they made a very hard push for massive restrictions on semi-autos, handguns, large cap magazines, and ammunition. Predictably, panic buying and massive price increases for guns and ammo followed.

The efforts of gun owners and the NRA thwarted that effort by Obama and Biden, and anti-gun Democrats got punished in the 2014 mid-term election. People relaxed a bit, and panic buying slowed down.

Then a pro-2nd Amendment guy named Donald Trump got elected, and he managed to quickly get the pro-2nd Amendment Justice Neil Gorsuch seated on the U.S. Supreme Court. The guns and ammo panic buying pretty much stopped... until some nut-bar shot up a Country Western concert in Las Vegas, and anti-gun Democrats renewed their push for big restrictions on 2nd Amendment Rights. Over time, it became apparent that Donald Trump wasn't going to sign any major anti-gun legislation, and he even got two more pro-2nd Amendment Justices seated on the Supreme Court.

But as fears grew that Trump was behind in the polls to get re-elected, and folks saw the threat from every anti-gun Democrat candidate, people naturally started hoarding again. Covid19 gave Democrats the excuse to do a massive expansion of mail-in voting with no effort to make the system secure from rampant fraud and cheating. We are expected to believe that Biden got more votes in black areas than Obama did, and that this multi-time loser who never scratched the surface in a presidential election effort suddenly shattered the all-time record number of votes. We are expected to ignore massive ballot dumps made very late at night, and told that it is OK for Republican poll watchers to be pushed back and not permitted to observe the counting process. We are told there is no evidence, and all claims of fraud are baseless... unless there was some Republican fraud. Then it is OK to speak.

There seems to be a pattern here. Anti-Gun Democrats equal threats to gun rights, and that equals panic buying and shortages. But some folks still don't get it. We can say that we need to elect pro-gun politicians, but it appears that Democrats have finally perfected election fraud. It has gotten to the point that they are calling anyone who mentions election fraud a subversive, and they are succeeding in silencing free speech pertaining to the subject.

We have some of them right here on this forum, and they happily supported and voted for the anti-gunner Joe Biden. They also worked in concert to stifle and ridicule any notion that there was widespread election fraud. I have little doubt that they will be contacting Dave to try to get this thread or my post deleted.

It isn't just preaching to the choir to point these facts out. Too many here still don't get it. And I will never understand why anyone would wish to accept or help these guys in any way, shape, or form. You can vote for a pro-gun politician, but these Libtards will cancel out your vote by voting for an anti-gunner like Biden or Schumer, or Pelosi. They will also try to silence you if you point out obvious election fraud.

So to me, if one of them asks where they can find a new pole to push their boat, I'd say we should tell them to shove their pole up their ass. I prefer to not help those who are helping anti-gunners threaten my hobby, my interest, and my Constitutional Right.

Last edited by keith; 01/28/21 12:04 PM.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

1 member likes this: pamtnman
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thankfully no shortage at all on ammo here in the U.K. Just a shortage of Gunshops that are open due to all the lockdowns. When open they are well supplied. Lagopus…..

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
It is not just ammo, quite a few things are back ordered in the firearms trade. Covid has slowed production and caused a large supply chain disruption....

....Increased demand, combined with a decreased supply and this is what we see....
I think the ammo manufacturing industry is reporting that when their official numbers come out, they are expecting a large sales increase over 2019.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.