March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (KDGJ, Karl Graebner), 343 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,008
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#591089 01/30/21 02:31 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Say, a buddy and I were talking guns an I brought up Parker Reproduction guns. I mentioned I would like to handle one and possibly add one to my arsenal.

My buddy told me to save my money! Stating they are not that strong of action and are easily shot off face or come loosen after 1000 rounds or so.

I have no clue or even heard of this happening on this brand. Is there any truth in what my buddy is saying?

Is the Parker Reproduction a good upland gam gun or just something that’s not up to power in today’s hunting?

From pictures, they look very nice. I would think the little gun would carry and handle nicely in the grouse woods or shooting doves.

It just took me back a little and figured I would pose the question. Or mark it up as to much bourbon for my buddy.

Rich

Sidelock
Sidelock

parker repros are among the best guns ever made...

the claim that they become off face after a 1000 rounds is unheard of...

ax him watt he means by "off face", an report back to us...

an, i bet relatively few parker repros are shot that much anyway...

cause doing so would significantly reduce their resale value...

thats the trouble with newer collectible guns...cant use erm, wid out ah hit to the pocketbook,,,

Last edited by ed good; 01/30/21 02:48 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

They are better than the originals if that helps you any.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
crs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

What Ed said +1.
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

This an entry level 20 that has had thousands of rounds through it at clays and birds. Identical 12 was my first repro and it has twice as many thousands of rounds through it. Both still tight and right.
I bought the 12 used and then the 20 new and they are not for sale and go to my kids when I can no longer shoot.

They both look new and receive many inquiries and complements at the range or in the field.

Maybe your friend just does not like double guns?

NRA Patron, TSRA, Whittington Center, DWWC,DRSS
Reloading Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
crs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

This my first Parker made in the year 1900. Hunted hard by a lady in Southeast OK where my dad picked it up for his three boys. It is a 20 on 28 frame and small and light, so being the smaller of us boys, I was the only one it fit. I have run many thousands of ammo through it and finally at age 100, it was a bit loose and a friend took it to a well known double smith and they cleaned it up, squared it up, tightened it up and brought it back. He wanted to rework the wood, but I said no. I put a lot of those dents and barb wire scratches on it and each one reminds me of my teen age years.
[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by John Roberts
They are better than the originals if that helps you any.
JR

What this guy said. Most products coming out of Japan in that era were of exceptional quality. The Parker guns were no exception. That said, I’m not a fan of the single trigger, but, temper that with the fact I’m not a fan of any single trigger.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

So I've been reduced to "this guy", Ted? Dang, you cut me to the quick...
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by John Roberts
So I've been reduced to "this guy", Ted? Dang, you cut me to the quick...
JR

grin grin

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
crs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted,
All of my Parkers have double triggers, eve the really old original one. I care not for doubles with single triggers either.

Same goes for my double rifles.

crs Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted,
All of my Parkers have double triggers, eve the really old original one. I care not for doubles with single triggers either.

Same goes for my double rifles.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.