March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (SKB, Jeremy Pearce, Dave K, Borderbill, battle), 777 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Just in case, David Trevallion wrote definitive text on Parker reproductions:

https://whiteflyer.com/the-parker-reproduction-story/

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

The only problem on repo's was the fact that the lump that accepted the screw from under the top lever was not forged in place but a piece of metal was braised in place. Oscar discovered this when the only one he did poisened his furnace. After doing a repo he could not get good colors on other guns. He finally traced this to the braised lump, After he relined his furnace all was good.

bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

When Parker Reproductions first came to market, I purchased a DHE 20-bore; then a DHE 12-bore, and finally a DHE 28 gauge from Larry Baer with the understanding that I would get the set of .410 barrels paid for in advance. Never got the promised barrels and was ticked to the max! The Parker Repros are great guns in my opinion, but I couldn't shoot them worth a dang as the factory stock dimensions simply didn't work for me; so I got disgusted and sold them all. But if the repro dimensions fit your style of shooting, these are well made guns and most feature beautiful stocks.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I bought a 28 ga. two barrel set in 1995. I had trouble with doubling and failure to cock occasionally. I sent it to Regent Chemical in Middlesex, NJ, in July of that year. They were the warrantee rep. Since then I've had no problems with any type of ammunition and I've shot the heck out of it. It's probably my favorite gun.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Next To A Browning BSS, The Parker Reproduction is the BEST Double MADE In the Last 40 Years !

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Parker repro's are marvelous guns-period!!

I took a 20ga repro with 28" barrels & double triggers on an Argentina dove hunt a few years ago. I put 10,500 rounds though it on that shoot without any issues of any kind and that gun is still going strong today.

I've told all of my gun/hunting buddies that if I had to go down to one shotgun, my 16-20 combo repro would be the one I'd keep!!

Who ever told you the BS about Parker Repro's is full of S**t & doesn't have a clue about them!!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by 28 gauge shooter
Say, a buddy and I were talking guns an I brought up Parker Reproduction guns. I mentioned I would like to handle one and possibly add one to my arsenal.

My buddy told me to save my money! Stating they are not that strong of action and are easily shot off face or come loosen after 1000 rounds or so.

Or mark it up as to much bourbon for my buddy. --- OR TOO MUCH VACANT SPACE BETWEEN HIS EARS.

Rich

Your buddy doesn't know squat about Parker Reproductions - He probably made that crap up so you'd think he was inpo'tant.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I agree, he knows nothing about sxs. I guess that’s why he does not own any of them. I am going to mark this up as to much bourbon that evening.

I have to admit, I am clueless on Parker’s myself and his comments gave me cause to research the product, ask the question and do some digging myself. Argo44, article was a great read. (Thanks for posting).

Now I find myself looking at Parkers and wondering why I don’t own one yet.

Rich

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by John Roberts
So I've been reduced to "this guy", Ted? Dang, you cut me to the quick...
JR

You don’t know midwestern church basement high praise when you see it, do you, John? “ Hey, Lena, great lutefisk “ is usually reduced to just a nod. Lena knows.

I was totally in agreement with you.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

I heard lutefisk helps rid your basement of mice...

Back to topic, I’ve been looking for a 28g and have considered a Rizzini 552 and Fausti DEA. I may add a Repro to the mix.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.