March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (SKB, Dan S. W., Sandlapper, 1 invisible), 722 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Sidelock

I talk with some of the young guys who are doing this. They don't care about the ethics of it. They only care that they have enough shells to do it again next Saturday morning.

Why are they doing it? Because they can, and because they have the shells to do so, thanks to Dad's credit card. Maybe a shell shortage will cull a few of them out. It won't discourage the die hards. They're the ones that we need to stay in the game, and share the swamps, and 2nd Amendment battles with.

As to crabs laying eggs in empty shell casings ...... crabs got along just fine before there were empty shell casings littering the bay, IMO.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan what's the old Southern remedy for getting rid of the crabs ?

Boxlock
Boxlock

Went to Cabela's the other day, LOADS of Steel Shot, shotgun shells
NO 22 Ammo---Can't Get Any! $100 A Brick could be new normal
if you want to shoot? Guys are paying a lot more than that on GunBroker!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by HomelessjOe
Let me get this one Stan.
Hey jOe! you old thrower of underhand softballs,
I believe the Old South would tell you to be more selective with whom you lay, avoid the crabs altogether.

Sidelock
Sidelock

HoJoe. The Marines would give you a can of lighter fluid and a kbar type knife. Squirt, light, stab them when they came out for the crabs you are alluding to.

One reason for sky busting is most hunters are terrible at judging distance. 40 yards is a decent long shot. 60-70 is beyond any hope for all but 1/2 of 1%, myself excluded. I have killed birds at such distance but only when young using heavy lead shot loads or in desperation on birds already hit hard but flying off to die beyond any hope of recovery.

Steel shot, unless extremely large, does not have enough energy to kill birds at 60-70 yards unless they hit exactly in the right spot. You see the same thing when a single dove flies down the field and gets shot at a dozen times. A Golden BB might kill it but no aimed shot will. By the end it will be 65-75 yards away from every shooter.

Sidelock
Sidelock

KY Jon....I completely agree. Another reason for sky busting is just good old fashioned blood lust. Hunters that feel that anything flies, it dies. I went to a fairly popular “public” marsh here in northern Utah to check how the rest ponds looked....it was a Friday around 1 pm....the place was a zoo. It looked like an outdoor sporting event, cars, trucks, boats. You name it. I was checking out an area, glassing it when a small flock of swans flew over at about 150 yards up....the entire marsh lit up like they were shooting at bombers over Dresden in WW2. It was absolutely ridiculous. The worse part is one of the dingalings actually broke one of the swans wings and it started it’s decent down, it landed in grass about 6 ft tall & -about 300 yards out from where this group of hunters were hiding out. I had it marked pretty well and the guys looking for it weren’t anywhere even close to where it went down. It was a damn shame. I saw that same group shoot at about 4 or 5 more flocks of swans that were about the same altitude or even higher. Ugh.
In that same marsh on the drive out...there was a group of 5 or 6 guys sitting on buckets at the edge of the water shooting at anything that flew over. These guys were wearing blue jeans and camo shirts, not one of them had waders on...and not one of them could retrieve a duck if it got shot and went into the water behind them. It was disgusting. I called and talked to the game warden (a really good guy) and he seemed to be just overwhelmed. They just don’t have the manpower to be everywhere. I believe this season set a record for game violations in the this State. I can believe it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by HomelessjOe

Can't say, never had a VD. Current problem for yOu? Try WebMd.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan you should have said send the girl in question back up North. Proper Southern girls never have problems like that.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Perhaps this will make all y'all feel better. I find it interesting how the self-styled "patriots" urging civil war seldom seem to recall the demographics of the military over the last few decades. Quite a number of non-traditional non-shooting community people have been trained with arms and likely shot at.
and now this
https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news/buffalo/ammunition-shortage-will-continue-throughout-2021/

have a nice day

Dr.WtS
Mysteries of the Cosmos Unlocked
available by subscription
Sidelock
Sidelock

HAHAHA! The story says the “panic” is created by seeing empty store shelves. What a joke. How ‘bout the panic that ensues when 911 service goes down for four days in the midst of a hellacious riot, that the elected officials of the fiefdom of Minneapolis are completely clueless as to what they should be doing to get it under control. Police, fire and ambulance service in first ring suburbs, where the 911 service still functions, is abruptly halted.

Nobody is coming to help.

Can’t happen here, right?

There is no ammunition shortage at my house. Not in 2021, not ever.

Best,
Ted

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.