March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Stanton Hillis, SKB, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 891 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by KY Jon
Hacksaw work at its finest. Just wish they limited that type work to Crescents and other hardware guns. Maybe it’s the rail screwed onto the barrel for a flashlight that drove up the price. Bubba mostly uses duct tape or electrical tape if he can’t find the duct(duck) tape to attach the flashlight.

I thought the front rail was a nice, thoughtful addition to it. Adding a forearm light/grip would do a lot to help with the kick.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

I never had the cahones to shoot it, but a friend in AK had a cut down 10 ga with the 3.5 inch chambers that looked very similar to the one pictured in the GB ad. He'd pack it along as a boat gun when out fishing and running around. I guess he figured it would make a good gun for bear protectio for close range work with 00 buck or similar, it probably would have! It think it may have been a Spanish manufactured gun, with previous owner customization!

Cameron Hughes
Sidelock
Sidelock

That auction just goes to prove that a fool and his money are soon parted.

Sidelock
Sidelock

That sawed off shotgun covers both the barrel length and overall length requirements to be legal. If you ever wanted one that one might be nice. As for short shotguns, I'll stick with my Taurus Judge 45 long colt/.410. That's all the kick I need and it'll kill any snake alive...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Remington40x
That auction just goes to prove that a fool and his money are soon parted.

Exactly! The same worn out Meriden shotgun, with uncut stock and barrels, would sell for $250.00 or less at most gun shows in my area. I have a 16 ga. L.C. Smith on my project pile that has a stock with a very short L.O.P. I was planning on using it to try doing a butt transplant. It might be a better idea to just chop it down and sell it on Gunbroker.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

1 member likes this: battle
Sidelock
Sidelock

It wasn't just junkers this was done to, I once had a BHE Parker that had the same stock treatment and and the barrels cut in front of the forend. Had it mono-blocked by John Foster and restocked. Later discovered that it was originally a 34" gun, as it had no safety, deep floral and scroll engraving it was indeed very rare gun at one time.

I learn something every day, and a lot of times it's that what I learned the day before was wrong

tut Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nothing like selling a NIB SKB model 200E and having the fellow saw the barrels down to 20" to use it as a Cowboy Action Gun. Yep, it was done.

foxes rule
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think you meant "Cajones" Senor- not "Cahones" In Spanish, especially Castilian dialect-the letter J is pronounced as if it were a H-- El Zorro

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
2 members like this: keith, HomelessjOe
Hal Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Have a sawed off Ithaca double and a Stevens SS, both 12ga. Someone put rifle sights on the latter!
Never have tried shooting my Navy Yard 10ga flare pistol with shotshells, but don't know why it would not be safe with some mild BP loads. Scary to think that 3 1/2" chamber nicely.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Wonder if the bidder sobered up and decided not to go through with the sale...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.