March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
1 members (Travis S), 251 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,976
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

I always tried to get my mom to call in to his show. We lived in Cape Girardeau in the early 60’s and my mom was his junior high school English instructor. She tells me that he was a smart ass - don’t know that that quality ever left him. Part of his appeal.

Sidelock
Sidelock

He was a giant.

The legacy of logic, of informed, right thinking people that he left in his wake gives him a footprint in history larger than MOST U.S. presidents. And that's NOT hyperbole.

He should have a monument.

NDG

1 member likes this: John Roberts
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Tom Bryant
I always tried to get my mom to call in to his show. We lived in Cape Girardeau in the early 60’s and my mom was his junior high school English instructor. She tells me that he was a smart ass - don’t know that that quality ever left him. Part of his appeal.
All junior high English teachers see their male students as smart asses. They would be correct.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 02/18/21 10:20 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

All junior high English teachers see their male students as smart asses. They would be correct.
JR[/quote]

For sure.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rush Limbaugh understood how precious our Constitutional Rights are, and spent his career supporting the pro-2nd Amendment Conservatives who would work to preserve our freedoms. He urged President Trump to never compromise with the Democrats on gun rights. He was a strong supporter of the NRA. Although I never heard him say that he was a gun owner, a shooter, or a hunter, he had our backs... unlike some people right here. Rest in peace Rush. And thank you.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

1 member likes this: pamtnman
Sidelock
Sidelock

I find it impossible to add to the narrative here. What a wonderful American patriot. God Bless Rush and may God bless America!

[IMG]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Rush was a great entertainer.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Grouse Guy
Rush was a great entertainer.

He was entertaining in that he could command the attention of multi millions daily. but he was rigidly held to factual scrutiny. A quality that came naturally to him, while giving legitimacy and voice to the fly over country.

2 members like this: mc, pamtnman
Sidelock
Sidelock

Keith,
Rush was a speaker at one of the NRA conventions, where he was gifted a muzzle loading Kentucky style rifle. His show was based in New York at the time, and he did a monologue about how it was virtually impossible for him to keep the primitive gun in New York. As if New Yorkers were in some sort of grave danger from radio talk show hosts, armed with flint locks, rampaging in the city.
He was on the air for 30+ years, with leftists literally employed by organizations trying to find a “gotcha” moment in every broadcast, and succeeded in making liberal ideas look as dumb as they always are, while making any thinking person laugh out loud. He used to say liberals are the show, they just don’t get it, and he was 100% correct.

Best,
Ted

Last edited by Ted Schefelbein; 02/22/21 10:42 AM.
3 members like this: pamtnman, craigd, John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ted, thanks for the reminder about the flintlock rifle that was presented to Rush by the NRA, in recognition of his support for the 2nd Amendment. I obviously missed his program about the problems with owning it in New York City, because I am one of those fools who works for a living and pays taxes, instead of expecting government hand-outs.

Your comment is relevant here, because it illustrates the foolishness of those guys who actually believe that if we give up semi-autos, handguns, large cap magazines, etc., then the anti-gun Democrats will not come after our double shotguns. Where Democrats rule, not even single shot flintlocks or percussion guns are safe from onerous regulations.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

2 members like this: pamtnman, craigd
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.