March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (smlekid, Marc Ret, Ted Schefelbein, bushveld, FlyChamps, 1 invisible), 838 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Best to put him on Ignore - I did some time ago
Less DM

Dumb, but learning...Prof Em, BSc(ME), CAE (FYI)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Drew Hause
We're more than a bit OT, I slept on it, but couldn't stifle the need to address UK vs. US COVID vaccinations
The data is a few days old:
UK with 66.65M population has given about 15M shots
US with 331M population has given about 60M shots
Arizona with 7.3M has given 1M shots
(BTW: Yuma had the highest PCR positivity rate per capita in the WORLD about 6 weeks ago. Things are much better in AZ now, but the disease and death rate on the Navajo Nation per capita has been the highest in the US since the start of the pandemic)
And the recent 100 years storm has significantly slowed delivery of vaccine, and the US is geographically a big country.

Because of the limited supply, the US prioritized first responders, heath care workers, the elderly and most vulnerable.

As of last week, 95% of those in England > 70 y/o have received the vaccine.
SOMEONE in the British Govt. however decided some lives were not worth "wasting" vaccinations (and ventilators) upon
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...d-19-patients-with-learning-difficulties

That said, there has been a reluctance to be vaccinated among the young and healthy for a disease with a survival rate > 99% and in which >80% of deaths have been among those > 65 years old; >30% above 85.

Comparing the quality of heath care in the UK under the NHS and that in the US (and the ethics of rationing health care ie. who gets to decide?) is entirely another matter. But the principle IS relevant to who gets to decide which guns are "good" and which are "bad"?
At Stan's advanced age wink and having spent > 5 minutes under water, he may have been denied ICU care in the UK after his near drowning.
We're more than a bit OT, I slept on it, but couldn't stifle the need to address UK vs. US COVID vaccinations
The data is a few days old:
UK with 66.65M population has given about 15M shots
US with 331M population has given about 60M shots
Arizona with 7.3M has given 1M shots
(BTW: Yuma had the highest PCR positivity rate per capita in the WORLD about 6 weeks ago. Things are much better in AZ now, but the disease and death rate on the Navajo Nation per capita has been the highest in the US since the start of the pandemic)
And the recent 100 years storm has significantly slowed delivery of vaccine, and the US is geographically a big country.

Because of the limited supply, the US prioritized first responders, heath care workers, the elderly and most vulnerable.

As of last week, 95% of those in England > 70 y/o have received the vaccine.
SOMEONE in the British Govt. however decided some lives were not worth "wasting" vaccinations (and ventilators) upon
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...d-19-patients-with-learning-difficulties

That said, there has been a reluctance to be vaccinated among the young and healthy for a disease with a survival rate > 99% and in which >80% of deaths have been among those > 65 years old; >30% above 85.

Comparing the quality of heath care in the UK under the NHS and that in the US (and the ethics of rationing health care ie. who gets to decide?) is entirely another matter. But the principle IS relevant to who gets to decide which guns are "good" and which are "bad"?
At Stan's advanced age wink and having spent > 5 minutes under water, he may have been denied ICU care in the UK after his near drowning.

You picked a good liberal paper to quote from Drew it does a good job at holding government to account ,very important, especially when it is a right wing Tory government in power. It reported today that the health secretary Matt Hancock acted unlawfully by not publishing Covid contract details worth billions within 30 days. It seems the chumocracy as they are calling it may have benefited with the prime minister’s ex adviser Dominic Cummins implicated in distributing contracts for PPE to personal friends.
No mention of Trump but they kept me well informed during the debacle that surrounded his exit.

It was lucky Stan had his medical insurance documents in his top pocket when they fished him out of the canal ,they might have considered dumping him back in otherwise.

Last edited by Konor3inch; 02/20/21 12:59 PM. Reason: Addition
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very little looking on your part Konor will document laws in the U.S. since the late 80's that anyone who stumbles into any ER must be "medically evaluated" and "anti-dumping" laws prohibit transfer to public hospitals of those without insurance; with very large monetary penalties and possible suspension from Medicare participation for doing so.
So the "undocumented", homeless, un-insured, and many of the Medicaid eligible use ERs at their site of primary care...creating many hour waits for everyone.
The quality of that care is certainly not the Mayo Clinic standards, unless the uninsured happens to live in North Scottsdale wink but the personal injury tort system in our country assures some kind of care for the uninsured.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very little looking on your part Konor will document laws in the U.S. since the late 80's that anyone who stumbles into any ER must be "medically evaluated" and "anti-dumping" laws prohibit transfer to public hospitals of those without insurance; with very large monetary penalties and possible suspension from Medicare participation for doing so.
So the "undocumented", homeless, un-insured, and many of the Medicaid eligible use ERs at their site of primary care...creating many hour waits for everyone.
The quality of that care is certainly not the Mayo Clinic standards, unless the uninsured happens to live in North Scottsdale wink but the personal injury tort system in our country assures some kind of care for the uninsured.

I’m sure that’s correct Drew and just as sure that ICU in this country wouldn’t deny treatment to anyone critically ill.
Of course they wouldn’t just medically evaluate patients they would be treated until well and able to safely leave the care of the hospital. I’m sure that must be the case in your country too.
Waiting times in A and E here vary ,but on the whole not too bad, I can’t say that I grudge the time that the medical staff spend on other patients as the severity of the patients injuries still dictates the priority of patients treatment in an A and E environment

Sidelock
Sidelock

laugh laugh grin

Though I am quite glad to be an American citizen, after having consulted with my GP, my wife and I are not going to take the vaccine at this time. Too many unanswered questions in our minds. The doc told me that he would ordinarily tell a patient whose lungs had been stressed like mine were to take the vaccine (underwater 8+ minutes and raging infections from E.Coli and two other bad bacteria for several days). But, he said my lungs sounded perfect, and concurred that we could decide for ourselves about the vaccine. We talked at length about Ivermectin, and other stuff. Then, he scolded me about my blood pressure and asked if I was still jumping rope for exercise. I said that I had not resumed after my recovery. He said I have one month to prove to him I could get my b.p. back down with exercise. In two weeks I'm up to 120 per day now, in two sets of 60, and increasing that amount almost daily. I jump twice between each rope revolution, so I get a quick heavy cardio workout. B.p. is already down to 139/80, still getting lower, and my lung capacity is steadily increasing. I feel like a million $.

Praise His name.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
1 member likes this: Drew Hause
Sidelock
Sidelock

I plan to get the Covid19 vaccine just as soon as I am eligible, and as soon as it becomes available. I see no real downside, and side effects are negligible. Also, I read and hear of a number of relatively young and healthy people who get severe cases of Covid19 that really kicks their ass, even if it doesn't kill them. Also, I know that the Spanish flu of 1918 mutated into a much deadlier form over time, and Covid19 is mutating as well. Unfortunately, it looks as though the vaccine probably won't be available to me for several months, despite all of the political posturing that blamed Trump for vaccine distribution problems. Democrat promises to fix those problems aren't panning out. No surprise there. Apparently, giving rights to transgenders and citizenship to illegal aliens are higher priorities right now than ending the Covid19 pandemic.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

This website above has a lot of statistics showing vaccine rates for various countries. There are a couple maps that you can hover your mouse over to see rates of vaccines per 100 people and rates of the complete vaccine per 100 people. It looks like Israel is doing the best job by far with 82.4% of their population receiving at least one dose thus far. I was surprised to see that the rate for Canada is well below that of the U.S., when King Brown preached to us for years about the greatness of Socialized Medicine.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I’ve now had both doses of the Moderna vaccine (I’m 67). Slightly sore arm from the second shot was my only reaction.

Sidelock
Sidelock

like Rem40x, i've had both doses of the moderna, almost 4 weeks back (i'm 71). only effect was a knot at injection site for a day or so....kinda reminded me of childhood tetanus vaccines, they producted a similar knot for me.

https://politicalwire.com/2021/02/21/u-s-vaccine-rollout-now-among-best-in-the-world/

"it's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards."
lewis carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Sidelock
Sidelock

[/quote] I would think the answer would be yes to both questions....a stiff pill in an old gun only proves it survived once.

Shoot modern ammo in an old vintage gun and it's almost sure to eventually come off face.[/quote]

Sorry, for the benefit of all the Lefever owners, could you explain what "off face" means? 😏

NDG

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.