March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (FlyChamps, Ken Nelson, Lloyd3, Jimmy W, Marc Ret, 1 invisible), 320 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts543,995
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#594004 03/16/21 05:44 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
- Errol Flynn
Sidelock
Sidelock

Knew a fellow that had Briley put screw chokes in his Fabri pidgen gun, I figured that it took 5 figures out of he value.

bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

That would be like chrome plating Dolly's boobs.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sorta ruins the "I would buy it, but cant shoot steel" excuse out the ......choke tubes

Dumb, but learning...Prof Em, BSc(ME), CAE (FYI)
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

A late friend was contemplating choke tubes in his high grade M21 20 ga. "I don't care if it loses value I ain't gonna sell it. It'll go to my son and his sons after I'm gone." We didn't know how fast that would be as he didn't have time to send it off for tubes. Gil

gjw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hey all, I know I'm going to get flamed, but here goes. I guess I'm in the school of it's his gun and he paid for it, he can do what he wants with it. Granted if the gun is of historical value, not just another Purdey, I'd say absolutely no. But, if it's just a shooter and will say in the family, then it's his choice. We are all free to do what we want with our possessions. If I want to paint my car bright orange, green and purple, and you don't like it, tough. Just my thoughts.

Well, best go put on my flame retardant suit.

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes it is his gun and he can do what he wants with it. But if I owned the Mona Lisa it still would be a waste of time to paint over it. Some things could just be enjoyed as the classics they are. One point that was made to me was the makers most likely would provide a set of barrels exactly like these if it were a new build. Money talks. Maybe they even did.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Teague chokes are the only make of choke tubes that would not detract from the value of that gun. Infact, if there were two identical, contemporary Purdeys (not talking vintage guns here), and one had Teague chokes and the other didn't, I would pick the one with choke tubes without hesitation.

I have a sxs that Westley Richards installed a set of Teague Invisible choke tubes in, and they are marvels in both appearance and function.

“I left long before daylight, alone but not lonely.”~Gordon Macquarrie
1 member likes this: John Roberts
Sidelock
Sidelock

Purdey has not made a gun with two sets of barrels for 15 years. Purdey recommends Teague chokes that are just about invisible - or no choke tubes at all. They need to be removed and cleaned after each use, according to Purdey.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Teague chokes are fantastic. I have a round action O/U with two sets of barrels. The original set is 28” and when The owner ordered a new set of fixed choke 30 inch barrels in 2008, he sent the 28 inch barrels for Teague choking. When I purchased the gun, there were four chokes: two full and two skeet. I desired some intermediate chokes and contacted Teague. They were more than happy to oblige my request by making an improved cylinder, modified, and improved modified Choke inserts, sight unseen, and mailed them to my house. They keep a record of every gun by serial number to make sure that, if required in the future, they can make additional chokes upon request.

Owen
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.