March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (NZHunter, earlyriser, Gunning Bird), 497 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Can this really be just about our Presidents recent bombing and killing a single person in Syria? Revenge?

1 member likes this: pamtnman
Sidelock
Sidelock

Much more to the story than just domestic terrorism. The reporting so far is indicating some form of known mental illness which dates back to his high school days. This guy was known & on the radar of local law enforcement & the FBI. It wasn't his first rodeo in this regard.

Predictably the Commiecrats are already calling for more gun control and Biden is calling for the swift passage of the gun control legislation currently moving through the house. Here's a link for a quick snap shot of where things stand at present.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...a-week-earlier/ar-BB1eT4uX?ocid=msedgdhp

Some facts to keep in mind when you see or hear the politicians & talking heads about this shooting. There are many gun laws in Colorado which have been enacted in the years since the Columbine & other shootings. Many of these are the same as the ones being called for by Biden & his Commiecrat comrades.

Here's the short list:

1. Colorado has universal background checks on all gun sales & transfers with the exception of some forms of family to family member transfers.
2. We have an instant background check system which has had up to a two week backlog for over a year now. So in effect we have had a waiting period for purchases due to the backlogged background checks waiting to be processed.
3. We have a red flag law which allows your guns to be confiscated if someone turns you in thinking you are a possible threat of some sort & a judge approves the confiscation.
4. The city of Boulder has a local ban on possession of so called assault weapons. I believe this is currently on a court ordered injunction due to possible constitutional issues with it.
5. We have a magazine capacity limit of ten rounds.
6. None of these measures prevented this shooting!!!

We now have some additional gun legislation currently moving through the state house.
1. Required safe storage of all firearms in your home.
2. Require trigger locks for all gun sales & transfers.
3. A required waiting period for all gun sales.

SKB Online Content OP
Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

Paul,
just one minor point of correction, our background check system is far better here in CO using the CBI than most other states using the FBI. Over the last several weeks background checks have been taking between 5 minutes and a couple of hours. I have run two recently that have went right through.

I agree with the point of your post though no disputing that.
Steve

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Accuse me of profiling if you wish but his history of mental instability along with his name, Ahmed Al Aliwi Alissa, sure gives me pause and makes me ask How in Hell did this guy fall through the background checks cracks?!?!

2 members like this: pamtnman, SKB
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
Paul,
just one minor point of correction, our background check system is far better here in CO using the CBI than most other states using the FBI. Over the last several weeks background checks have been taking between 5 minutes and a couple of hours. I have run two recently that have went right through.

Steve

I have never had a NICS background check take more than 5 minutes. Never.

But I'm certain that will change if the anti-gun Democrats have their way. Democrats love having these mass shootings because they use them to push their agenda, which is to eventually eliminate the 2nd Amendment. They only know how to blame our guns.... even though guns have been around far longer than the relatively recent phenomena of mass shootings.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by DAM16SXS
Accuse me of profiling if you wish but his history of mental instability along with his name, Ahmed Al Aliwi Alissa, sure gives me pause and makes me ask How in Hell did this guy fall through the background checks cracks?!?!

Keep this up and several of our Democrat supporters will be accusing you of racism.

Thou shalt not speak the truth!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

SKB Online Content OP
Sidelock
OP Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by keith
I have never had a NICS background check take more than 5 minutes. Never.

I have had a background check take more than 3 days and the dealer let me have it after that time period without the check being complete as the law allows. Fall of 2001, some back water pawn shop in Montana buying an 870 after my principle gun failed on the trip. I never shot the 870 that trip but instead and old straight stocked G grade Lefever which was too short for me and had too much drop. Still a great trip though and that was one hell of a bird dog.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by DAM16SXS

That is a good question.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

We, as responsible gun owners, need to endorse more racial profiling, especially these ragheaded terorists that caused 911, and keep on pushing their Jihad based hatred of white Christian Americans--Why and how do they get into America in the first place. And Deano is spot on- how in the blue bonnet hell did this mentally unbalanced idiot pass background checks in Colorado? Biden and his followers forget one basic fact in their haste to ban weapons- what about the millions of firearms and ammunitions already owned and legally possessed by Americans-- ?? does sleepy Joe plan to do a "Hitler" and send out BATFE troops to break down doors and grab them from the hands of law abiding white Christian American citizens? Good Lord, I hope not- if that's Biden's plan, that illegal action )2nd. Amendment withstanding) then Katie bar the door- "From my Cold dead hands" --

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Another peace-loving jihadi running amok in America. We need some sort of control for sure here, but it ain't gun control

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.