August
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (82nd Trooper, bbman3, NTaxiarchis, j7l2, 2 invisible), 204 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics35,925
Posts505,081
Members14,054
Most Online462
Aug 5th, 2016
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 317
Likes: 4
Sidelock
*
Offline
Sidelock
*

Joined: May 2015
Posts: 317
Likes: 4
Yes, more laws please...that will definitely fix the problem. Because criminals and crazy people will take pause knowing those laws are on paper...

NDG

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 6,836
Likes: 31
Sidelock
**
Offline
Sidelock
**

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 6,836
Likes: 31
If the war on guns goes like the war on drugs we are all going to need bigger gun safes. I was once worried about the lefts gun confiscation scheme, but no longer. Canada gave up on just trying to register guns in a computer system and Canadians are a lot more inclined to respect laws they consider silly. And they would need to go search every house, in the country, because there is no computer records of who has what in the US. It would be physically impossible to go door to door and collect every gun. If you consider owners would meekly turn over their guns you are kidding yourself in several million cases. Maybe tens of millions of cases. Just never going to happen. Going door to door would take years if not decades and who is to say if those guns would remain in place very long. So rechecking would be needed in millions of houses which would extend it even longer. The entire military and law enforcement combined are not going to be large enough to do it.

As long as we have a Supreme Court filled with justices who interpret the Constitution based on what was intended and not what they think they ought to have done back then, based on the liberal agenda of today we should be OK. But what are they going to do if they ban guns and 25 million gun owner flat out refuse to comply? I learned years ago in the service to never give an order which is impossible to carry out. I do not think passing a law, which would be impossible to enforce, is going to work out well for them. Prohibition failed and they passed a Constitutional Amendment to try it and it still failed miserably. Just passing a law is not going to work at all. 300 million guns out there, estimated 10 million AR15 type guns. That genie is never going to be put back into the bottle.

I love the attempt to ban large capacity clips, like that would make a real difference. Fully loaded, large capacity clips, are more prone to feeding issues than multiple lower capacity clips. Plus the time difference between shooting 30 rounds out of one clip or 30 rounds out of three clips is almost zero. But it sounds good to people who do not know. It is a straw-man argument created to make them feel like they are accomplishing something. End of rant.

Last edited by KY Jon; 03/24/21 02:01 AM.
1 member likes this: pamtnman
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,060
Likes: 14
Sidelock
**
Offline
Sidelock
**

Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 7,060
Likes: 14
Originally Posted by KY Jon
....I was once worried about the lefts gun confiscation scheme, but no longer. Canada gave up on just trying to register guns in a computer system and Canadians are a lot more inclined to respect laws they consider silly. And they would need to go search every house, in the country, because there is no computer records of who has what in the US. It would be physically impossible to go door to door and collect every gun. If you consider owners would meekly turn over their guns you are kidding yourself in several million cases. Maybe tens of millions of cases. Just never going to happen. Going door to door would take years if not decades and who is to say if those guns would remain in place very long. So rechecking would be needed in millions of houses which would extend it even longer. The entire military and law enforcement combined are not going to be large enough to do it....
If the left is challenged with going door to door, there certainly might be a willingness on a selective basis for messaging. If they are willing to work at it for decades, haven't they already started. Isn't anyone who would've been one day underage, a criminal if they are in possession, but don't have a background check. I suppose the answer is no based on zip code, gang affiliation, and immigration status.

Isn't there a distinct effort to politicize the military and law enforcement. Aren't members who have expressed past leanings towards the right being purged. Isn't there plenty of registration available to document constitutionally taxing the ten plus round magazines that were sold with them. Aren't we much more likely to see letters in the mail and flags on background checks, rather than knocks on the door. All they need is an IT department?

1 member likes this: pamtnman
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 6,836
Likes: 31
Sidelock
**
Offline
Sidelock
**

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 6,836
Likes: 31
Direct confiscation is not going to work. It will be continued sniping around the edges. It is a lot like their attempts to restrict free speech. They are restricting it by restricting “hate speech” first and they and only they get to define what is hate speech.

The fake gun control arguments has always we are restricting your ability to buy but not own. Background checks to use a clearly expressed right in the Constitution. You don’t have to pass a background check to assemble, to have freedom of the press or free speech that they don’t claim is hate speech. It is this one right they hate so much. Part ignorance, part hating guns for what a few do with them to break the law, part sheep being told what to hate. And no gun law is going to stop those who want to abuse them for criminal purposes. Hammers, bats and knives are just as good at deadly. A lot of this is the Hollywood education too many have. Too many movies show how easy it is to hit a small target while riding a horse over rough ground. It is damn near impossible in real life but they make it seem like everyone can. It is fake news. Same with the computer games. All fake.

There are 300 million plus guns, 10-15 million AR15 type guns. They are going to be guns in this country forever.

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 7,503
Likes: 18
Sidelock
***
Offline
Sidelock
***

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 7,503
Likes: 18
Lefty States like New York have done a marvelous job of reducing the credibility of our political voice, the National Rifle Association. That political voice and our 2nd Amendment are the difference between us and the rest of the world. It seems clear that some of our entrenched NRA leaders bear much of the blame for the present situation, but as gun owners we must all stick together in support of our last best Second Amendment political voice. Join, for life...Geo

1 member likes this: pamtnman
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 540
Likes: 5
Sidelock
**
Offline
Sidelock
**

Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 540
Likes: 5
Originally Posted by SKB
Paul,
just one minor point of correction, our background check system is far better here in CO using the CBI than most other states using the FBI. Over the last several weeks background checks have been taking between 5 minutes and a couple of hours. I have run two recently that have went right through.

I agree with the point of your post though no disputing that.
Steve

I realize that there is fluctuations in the timeline for the CBI background checks depending on the volume being processed. This is why I worded it as "at times up to two weeks" The system has cleared out and in the case of this shooter, it's looking like he recently acquired this weapon. It is still unclear whether he got the gun through the legal process or not. I guess we'll find this out as time goes on.

To answer some other questions; It's very easy to lie on a background check form as far as mental illness goes. We have medical privacy laws "HIPPA" that protects us from the need to share our personal medical history & prevents doctors from disclosing it as well. So if this shooter had seen a doctor for mental issues "Which is doubtful" his records of it wouldn't have been in the BATF's data base. Another oddity of background checks is the question about drug use including marijuana. Grass is legal in Colorado with pot shops everywhere these days, so it's fairly easy to presume that there's a bunch of gun buyers in Colorado lying on that question as well. The only way you would fail the background check system is if you were convicted of a drug crime and it was in the BATF's system.

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,978
Likes: 2
Sidelock
*
Offline
Sidelock
*

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,978
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by KY Jon
Direct confiscation is not going to work. It will be continued sniping around the edges. It is a lot like their attempts to restrict free speech. They are restricting it by restricting “hate speech” first and they and only they get to define what is hate speech.

The fake gun control arguments has always we are restricting your ability to buy but not own. Background checks to use a clearly expressed right in the Constitution. You don’t have to pass a background check to assemble, to have freedom of the press or free speech that they don’t claim is hate speech. It is this one right they hate so much. Part ignorance, part hating guns for what a few do with them to break the law, part sheep being told what to hate. And no gun law is going to stop those who want to abuse them for criminal purposes. Hammers, bats and knives are just as good at deadly. A lot of this is the Hollywood education too many have. Too many movies show how easy it is to hit a small target while riding a horse over rough ground. It is damn near impossible in real life but they make it seem like everyone can. It is fake news. Same with the computer games. All fake.

There are 300 million plus guns, 10-15 million AR15 type guns. They are going to be guns in this country forever.

+1. Well thought out and reasoned John. This is the reality that the Gov faces, even if just for registration.

And as I pointed out in another thread, before it was deleted, Sen. Manchin, thankfully, is already in opposition.


Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,978
Likes: 2
Sidelock
*
Offline
Sidelock
*

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,978
Likes: 2
Originally Posted by KY Jon
If the war on guns goes like the war on drugs we are all going to need bigger gun safes. I was once worried about the lefts gun confiscation scheme, but no longer. Canada gave up on just trying to register guns in a computer system and Canadians are a lot more inclined to respect laws they consider silly. And they would need to go search every house, in the country, because there is no computer records of who has what in the US. It would be physically impossible to go door to door and collect every gun. If you consider owners would meekly turn over their guns you are kidding yourself in several million cases. Maybe tens of millions of cases. Just never going to happen. Going door to door would take years if not decades and who is to say if those guns would remain in place very long. So rechecking would be needed in millions of houses which would extend it even longer. The entire military and law enforcement combined are not going to be large enough to do it.

+1


Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7,441
Likes: 60
Sidelock
**
Offline
Sidelock
**

Joined: May 2008
Posts: 7,441
Likes: 60
One of many good reasons here in MI was the fact that possessing a CPL (yes, I do indeed) meant that upon showing that at a gun show or Cabela's gun counter, that would waive the 4473 and the BS 'Stevie Nicks" checky-checky-- But last year, our dipstick lady Guv changed that-and delays in clearance proceedures are common-what a fubar. RWTF


When The Man In Black Comes Around- Rev: 6-8
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,563
Likes: 28
Sidelock
**
Offline
Sidelock
**

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 10,563
Likes: 28
Originally Posted by KY Jon
If the war on guns goes like the war on drugs we are all going to need bigger gun safes. I was once worried about the lefts gun confiscation scheme, but no longer. Canada gave up on just trying to register guns in a computer system and Canadians are a lot more inclined to respect laws they consider silly. And they would need to go search every house, in the country, because there is no computer records of who has what in the US. It would be physically impossible to go door to door and collect every gun. If you consider owners would meekly turn over their guns you are kidding yourself in several million cases. Maybe tens of millions of cases. Just never going to happen. Going door to door would take years if not decades and who is to say if those guns would remain in place very long. So rechecking would be needed in millions of houses which would extend it even longer. The entire military and law enforcement combined are not going to be large enough to do it.

Here's why I disagree with what KYJon said here... millions of gun owners around the world also thought it could never happen to them. Some resisted, but most quickly give in to authority. Just look at the number of people right here who are too meek to confront the supporters of anti-gun Democrats like nca225:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Even if you resisted, and decided to not comply, do you really wish to live in a country where you have to hide your guns because your government decides you no longer have that Constitutional Right??? KYJon is wrong about the Canadians giving up their Long Gun Registry. Quebec never complied with the law to get rid of it, so all of those records of long guns and their owners remain in the hands of an anti-gun Liberal Left Government.

nca225 is now pretending to be happy that Sen. Joe Manchin might vote against Biden's new anti-gun laws. nca225 is also pretending to agree with what KYJon said, including the fact that we now have a pro-2nd Amendment majority on the Supreme Court. But please don't forget that nca225 has consistently supported Democrat anti-gunners like Obama and Biden, and denigrated Trump and all of the pro-gun Conservative Supreme Court nominees. This is why I often advise not paying attention to what people say, but rather what they actually do. On this forum, it often takes some effort to see the truth. There are people here with an agenda to convince you all that the Democrats are not a threat to your gun ownership rights.


A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!


Copyright (c) 1993 - 2021 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5
(Release build 20201027)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 7.0.33-0+deb9u9 Page Time: 0.048s Queries: 38 (0.023s) Memory: 0.8643 MB (Peak: 1.8990 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2021-08-04 00:42:46 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS