March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ian Forrester, GSPWillie, Tim in PA, R. Glenz, Ted Schefelbein, steve voss), 809 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Wonko the Sane
Originally Posted by pamtnman
The war on private ownership of firearms is well under way. The US Supreme Court is dominated by a five-member liberal group that includes the Chief Justice. The real mistake is waiting for this decision from a part of federal government that is equally as corrupted and dysfunctional as the other two. The federal government has waged an all out war against the citizenry, a rebellion of the elites against the masses. The federal government is very close to implementing a full bore tyranny over all of us. All cultural and constitutional norms are being heaved overboard. All that remains between this tyranny and freedom is the armed citizen. Whether or not we assert that beyond a few venues is up in the air.

SCOTUS dominated by liberals? WTF alternate universe do you live in? That reads as tho you've been living is a cave and and listening to Qmoron imaginary news on your crystal radio. All the while completely ignoring the recently departed cause of the degradation of cultural and constitutional norms by astounding lies and treason!

Thanks for being a vocal nutcase that the anti-gunners love to point at

AMEN.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Wonko the Sane
Thanks for being a vocal nutcase that the anti-gunners love to point at

If anyone eould know what the Liberal Democrat anti-gunners love to point at Dr. Wanker, it would be you....

You support them and vote for them! And I love pointing at the gun owners who are foolish enough to vote for anti-gunners.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I wonder what the Left thinks is going to happen? They pass an assault weapon ban and the guns all go away. They might consider that passing a law, after the fact (as in ownership of a legal gun) is barred by the Constitution. Might not matter in their minds. But if that is the case do they expect every owner to bring them in and just give them to the government? Are they going to buy them back at real value? If there are 10 million assault weapons and 50% turn them in, which I expect is ten times the number who will, what is their plan for the other 5 million? Arrest, house to house search, mass internment’s?

Courts are hard to predict but for now this court should be pro-constitution. And that’s all we can ask for. That and a little sanity.

Sidelock
Sidelock

KY Jon,
The left is gambling that most Americans will fold, and that the few who stand their ground will be eliminated. Everything we do to stand our ground will be construed as some sort of illegal assembly, threatening, insurrection etc. The GOP is asleep at the wheel, the left is playing for all the marbles. And honestly they have been correct about what to expect each step along the way. There’s been very little resistance to anything they’ve done. The rule of law is over and yet even the most independent governors talk about staying “within the law.” When the left follows no laws at all.

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by KY Jon
I wonder what the Left thinks is going to happen? They pass an assault weapon ban and the guns all go away. They might consider that passing a law, after the fact (as in ownership of a legal gun) is barred by the Constitution. Might not matter in their minds. But if that is the case do they expect every owner to bring them in and just give them to the government? Are they going to buy them back at real value? If there are 10 million assault weapons and 50% turn them in, which I expect is ten times the number who will, what is their plan for the other 5 million? Arrest, house to house search, mass internment’s?

Courts are hard to predict but for now this court should be pro-constitution. And that’s all we can ask for. That and a little sanity.

I would remind you John of your well thought out posts on the "way too close to home thread" about this. The gun control, when the rubber hits the road, has to deal with the realities on the ground.

I think the best they can hope to achieve, in the best circumstances, is to cease new production of certain firearms for civilian purchase, limit the capacity the newly produced magazines for civilian purchase, grandfather the already existing and owned targeted firearms and magazines tot he current possessor and prevent all future transfers of the grandfathered firearms, except to the government for buyback purposes. Whatever they define as an "assault weapon" can no longer be transferred in any other way.

Like it or not, this probably would pass Constitutional muster.

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

Gun owners are not most Americans in the sense they will just fold. If the left overplays this, which I fully spect them to do, then ugly is not a strong enough word for it. The numbers are completely against them. In the 10 million assault gun owners I doubt you will find a less inclined group to turn in their guns. Not going to happen.

Sidelock
Sidelock

“Ugly” works great for me. It could be the big re-set away from government overreach free American citizens deserve.

NRA Life
FOAC Life
PA Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs Life
PA Trappers Association Life
Sidelock
Sidelock

The first American to resist may lose his/her life. Maybe some more. If so they will become martyrs, and we all know what happens to a cause in the wake of martyrdom. My mind is made up already. I am 69 years old, I've had a full and wonderful life, my family will be financially secure without me, and I do not fear death. I fear living in fear much more. My wife and I, my pastor and I, have discussed this. As I have said before, I believe that having your mind made up and having a plan is the only way to get through it when the wolf is at your door. It's very late to make a decision and create a mindset when you hear the howl. And, getting through it may not mean surviving physically. It may mean dying with honor, and not shame. But, there are things that are more important than life. Freedom and liberty are a couple that quickly come to mind.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants." (my emphasis). Thomas Jefferson

May God bless America and those who defend her.
1 member likes this: pamtnman
Sidelock
Sidelock

Amen to that S Hills!
Im a couple of years younger but of like mind.

Bill Johnson
Sidelock
Sidelock

There is a lesson in what happened in Germany, after WW2( at least in the American sector). The Germans were required to turn all guns in to the authorities , under penalty of death. When I went there 26 years later, pre WW2 guns were all over, in fact I have a couple now. If a death penalty wouldn't make people turn them all in, will a couple year prison term ? Maybe some will be.
Mike

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.