March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Borderbill, damascus, Jason Dubois, gunmaker, 2 invisible), 334 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,001
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Not sure where in Indiana you are but at Back Forty Sporting in Bourbon, Ryan will sell you shells to be shot there. I believe he has all the gauges as well. It is a nice course to shoot and friendly people

This ain't a dress rehearsal , Don't Let the Old Man IN
Sidelock
Sidelock

I wonder how much ammo is floating offshore because there aren’t dock workers to unload it.

“When faith is lost, when honor dies, the man is dead” - John Greenleaf Whittier
Sidelock
Sidelock

Guys, this isn’t hard. We are running out of excuses on ammo. Go to www.ammoseek.com. There is plenty of ammo in every gauge and variety available. It may not be at the price we like, but that’s just life. Also, keep checking Walmart and Bass Pro/Cabelas. I’ve purchased plenty of 12 and 20 200-round packs from Walmart at $23 per pack. That’s a great deal. The only gauge that is a challenge is 16 gauge. Today, Walmart had a few boxes of Federal Game Loads in 16 gauge, so I bought them. I also ordered a flat from Federal and a flat from a company I found on ammoseek. The other day I stopped at a Sportsman’s Wharehouse in Mississippi. They had a huge aisle of shotgun shells. The only catch, two boxes per day. No big deal. Sadly, I don’t live near a Sportsman’s Warehouse. But for those who do, you can buy 14 boxes of literally anything for want per week. There is plenty available. You just need to look.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I doubt they will sell fast, but the only shell on the shelf were all the 12 Ga. slugs one could ever need!

Welder

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by LeatherWoodSteel
Sadly, I don’t live near a Sportsman’s Warehouse. But for those who do, you can buy 14 boxes of literally anything for want per week. There is plenty available. You just need to look.

If you've got nothing better to do, and live close enough to the store, than to drive to a SW to buy 2 boxes of shells everyday, seven days a week. grin

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Whenever I want to go and shoot a round of sporting clays I can buy 5 boxes to shoot 100 targets. Very generous, IMO.

I will be buying flats of shells for dove season as the right load becomes available. And, it will, eventually.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was getting fitted for a gun today at the Dallas Gun Club and there was a huge competitive event going on there with loads of people all around shooting like there was no tomorrow. Many of them had their motor homes and such parked around like they were going to have fun and stay a while. Looking into it, I see that it was the Paxton Arms Texas State Skeet Championship. No sign of any sort of shortage there.

Last edited by spring; 06/10/21 10:11 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am surprised that we are not seeing imported shot shells from Europe and Latin America in large quantities. Does anyone know why this is not happening?

SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

The supply chain has been disrupted world wide, Italy is a major producer of shotgun shells and it has been under lockdown for much of the past year. Everything is slowed down and backed up regarding shipping, cargo ships are queued up waiting to be unloaded and the cost of shipping is currently crazy high. As things begin to open up again supply should increase but when it catches up to demand and we see product regularly in stock is anyone's guess.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Box stores not so much. Federal is selling direct on line now and usually has a good supply of Top Guns in stock. Free shipping when you spend more than $149 which isn't hard to do when you pay full retail of $11 a box just for promo 12 ga.

Couple of weeks ago at Caribou Gun Club they were out of 12 ga. Said he had orders in for several months but nothing delivered. While he has hosted the FITASC world championships and U.S. Open Sporting Clays championships in the past he seemed more worried about getting shells in for corporate shoots. Then again likely makes a lot more money on corporate shoots and weddings which seems to be the focus anymore. Did have some 16 ga. on the shelf at $10 a box. But I still have ~14 flats of Herters 16 ga. that I got at $4.99 a box and 4 flats of Federal 16 ga. bought when they were on sale for $6-$7 a box. Just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Last week shot at Horse and Hunt and they had signs up all over that they were out of 12 ga. ammunition. They did have 20 ga. ammo for $11 a box, hard pass on that. Friend and I paid for 200 rounds each they gave us 480 rounds on the punch card and we shoot our lookers. Can only buy as many boxes as you shoot but that would still be close to a flat each. Came in for lunch and they were unloading a truck full of 12 ga. Fiocchi 1 oz. loads. Asked how much and they said $12 a box. Another hard pass.

In another year more like 2 years when I run out of existing flats and reloading components may have to pay those prices. But not yet.

Last edited by Cold Iron; 06/11/21 01:56 PM.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.