March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (Marc Ret, Argo44, LGF, Ian Forrester, Ted Schefelbein, LeFusil), 823 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#598210 06/14/21 04:47 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Need some Maryland gun registration advice.

She who must not be named has informed me that post retirement we are moving near her family in maryland.

What is the impact on my firearm collection?

Mostly competition and SxS shotguns, several rifles and handguns as well as several "Assault Weapons"?

The Maryland State police website is pretty clear that the handguns require online registration; I not so clear about my semi auto rifles and high capacity mags.( HK SP5, M1A, PS90)

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Dave in Delaware

Sidelock
Sidelock

If my wife said she was moving to MD I’d sure miss her.

“When faith is lost, when honor dies, the man is dead” - John Greenleaf Whittier
1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

My Dad served some time with the Marine Corps, in Maryland, post the time he served in New Jersey.

He left, and never looked back. He went home to Minnesota, but, was well aware a few years past, that, if he was younger, he would have to leave here, too. The good fishing/hunting doesn’t make up for what is happening in the seven county metro area.

I can’t imagine my wife telling me where we are going to live, regardless of who already lived there.

Good luck.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

She's really pretty and tolerates me!

Sidelock
Sidelock

you can bring your evil black rifles and magazines but you cant sell them here or transfer them ie give them away - yes you will need to register the handguns and EBR's. If you want more magazines you can drive to Virginia, Delaware or PA and buy more and bring them back, but they cant be shipped to you.
The rifles and shotguns are fine but if you want to sell them you will need to go through an FFL - the Left is in charge here. In Montgomery County where I live the only elected Rebublican is the Governor and that is a fluke, the Democrats ran a really bad candidate.
To join the fun... check out https://www.mdshooters.com/

Last edited by Lawrence Kotchek; 06/14/21 08:16 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by teeny350
She's really pretty and tolerates me!

Can you live in PA, VA ( not NOVA ), or WV and be close enough?

“When faith is lost, when honor dies, the man is dead” - John Greenleaf Whittier
Sidelock
Sidelock

Delaware is close enough - it all depends on where in Maryland

Sidelock
Sidelock

I sympathize with the OP. There are scary people claiming Delaware as home base.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I left MD 20 years ago for work and wife's new job. Intended to move back when I retired or sooner. No longer. Just sold my last of three farms. I loved MD but it is a one party state dominated by the population of the Baltimore Washington corridor. Both sides of the state are conservative by and large but their lack of numbers means they get dragged down by sheer numbers. Good roads, decent services, high taxes and very intrusive government just do not work well for me. If you must live there try to locate on either the Eastern Shore or Western MD. Delaware seems to be over run with people leaving New Jersey. Western Virginia is suffering from a influx of people moving from the DC suburbs. So no place is safe from those from outside moving there and trying to reshape their new homes into the crap spaces they just left. Just how bad is MD you wonder. A retired MD governor moved to Delaware when he was term limited out. I knew a couple of his new neighbors who complained that he wanted to change everything like to what he came from and he was till in charge. He was not and they did not.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Be sure to read and follow the laws about transporting firearms in your vehicle. Particularly as it pertains to handguns. There are very limited circumstances when you are allowed to transport a handgun outside of your home and there is specific way that it must be done.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.