Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Bluestem
Others on this board knew Mike better, but I always enjoyed shooting and talking with him during the years of the Nebraska Flatwater shoot. I can picture him making self-deprecating jokes after hitting nothing but sky at a sporting clays station, tending the steaks on the grill later that evening, and having rousing discussions ranging from 1970's motocross bikes to theology. That is how I will choose to remember him.

That is where I first met "Tiny". Who could ever forget the canon set off by the Chaplain from Texas?!

Really don't have words to do Mike justice.

Yes I choose to remember him the same way as you. And he was way too young to be passing but none of us are promised Today let alone Tomorrow. He would be the first to tell you that. Wish I could still tell him it doesn't make it any easier for those of us that knew him.

Few years ago was honored to grill some prime grade ribeye steaks for him and brother canvasback while they were grouse hunting on the North Shore of Lake Superior. They came over to the cabin and to say it was a great time was an understatement.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

It was an honor doing it for him knowing how much work he had put into all the grilling steaks at Flatwater. He was a true servant and man of God. He was humble and by his humbleness and leadership by example made me humble to be around him.

Last edited by Cold Iron; 07/03/21 02:20 AM.
1 member likes this: 67galaxie
Sidelock
Sidelock

All of us who were regular attendees at the old Flatwater shoot were shocked to hear the news. Mike was a great guy. The official Flatwater chef. Fairly new to the sxs world when he first showed up at Flatwater, but he quickly became a convert.

I remember my last conversation with Mike. He was trying to import another Ideal from France, and we were emailing back and forth as I helped him with the language.

I also remember discussing his efforts to become a chaplain. I can't think of a better individual for that role than Mike.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It will be a graveside service on July 17th at 10 AM at the Shiloh Cemetery in Flower Mound Texas.

https://www.funerals360.com/cemetery/TX ... rofile-map

If anyone would like to write a brief paragraph about Mike and his love of hunting to be included in his obituary please send it to me.

Last edited by postoak; 07/08/21 08:46 PM.

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Sidelock
Sidelock

My condolences to all of you. After reading that obituary, I see you all were blessed to know and love such an individual. I have met a few, some here, God bless all of you!

Sidelock
Sidelock

“That's all our life amounts to in the end: the aggregate of all the good luck and the bad luck you experience. Everything is explained by that simple formula.”
― William Boyd, Any Human Heart

sounds like mike was indeed, a lucky man...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for posting the link, Gil.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike was a graduate of an evangelical seminary, and as such, understood that nothing in this universe, from the beginning of time to the end of time occurs by "luck" but by the permissive or purposeful will of God our Creator. That includes Jesus' sacrifice on the cross, by which we may be saved. Acts 2:23, 4:12 & 28.
I would not presume to know God's purpose in the timing of his death, but Mike's life most certainly had purpose, which was to glorify God, which he did by living out his faith in serving and encouraging others. And there is no doubt that his premature death had a purpose. Possibly to encourage us to examine ourselves as to what we have been living for, and if we are prepared for what comes after this life.

Sidelock
Sidelock

god bless us awl, doc drew...whoever and whatever it is that created this thing we call life...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.