March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Stanton Hillis, SKB, Jimmy W, 1 invisible), 891 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#601181 08/10/21 06:41 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I deleted the listings so I'll do my best to describe what I saw. Single seller NR rating 3 guns. A Beretta 686 Silver pigeon 1 28ga, 28", Factory new" with a Graco type adjustable stock, not fitted well. A browning Citori very high-grade with game scene relief engraving, gold inlaid elk, a two-barrel set shotgun/rifle 20ga/3006, and a Browning sporting clays 20ga (?) 725? The Beretta had a Buy Now of $2300 "no reserve" and went for $905. The other two guns were ended with "reserve not met" but I'm pretty sure they originally didn't have reserves. So what do you think? Was this a group of scam adds GB shut down or did the seller get burned on the Beretta and bailout on the others? Does GB allow sellers to get out if they error? All of the guns had bids.

Sidelock
Sidelock

are the mets still having ah winnin season?

watt bout dem bronx bums? how day doin?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Less sophisticated scammers use old photos that can often be found by searching the "properties" of the photo. Some sellers reserve the right to remove items for sale if sold first at their brick and mortar store. Gil

Last edited by GLS; 08/11/21 07:40 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I see you are somewhat of a baseball fan, Eddie. here's 2 baseball trivia ?? for you, test your knowledge of "America's pasttime: (1) Dem Bums- back at Ebbetts Field- How did the Dodgers get their name? (2) My Stae- the Tigers first stadium (Navin Field) was located in a section of Motown known as Corktown. where did that come from? Wanna give it a shot?? RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

A guy comes onto this double gun forum and asks a legit question, and Ed Good and Run With The Fox(whatever that means) take a dump on it with some asinine off-topic sports subject wanting attention. Rude and worthless.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
4 members like this: dirty harry, Stanton Hillis, Gr8day, LeFusil
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Unless the gunbroker add is edds.and it is an idiotic way of changing the subject

1 member likes this: dirty harry
Sidelock
Sidelock

Beware of any seller with no rating. Buyer as well if you are the seller but the seller can hold the gun until he gets his money. The seller has to send money, wait and hope the seller has been honest and that the gun arrives in good condition. If the listing disappeared many times you can assume that is a person you don’t want to do business with. Past that it’s all speculation. If you see a gun listed and have interest get a contact number and do your research first.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by KY Jon
Beware of any seller with no rating. Buyer as well if you are the seller but the seller can hold the gun until he gets his money. The seller has to send money, wait and hope the seller has been honest and that the gun arrives in good condition.

"The BUYER has to send money, wait and hope..."
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thank you to all who offered help and educated advice. A friend w/o the internet asked me to try and find him a 28ga Beretta and that got me to the postings. I don't deal much with the auction site but I find it educational and a bit entertaining. I actually thought of one poster here as a possible source of knowledge as I know he uses GB but I don't know what I was thinking. The appearance of the "reserve not met" when there were originally no reserves got me to wonder how liberal GB was with sellers. I did get some helpful educated opinions here so thanks very much!

Sidelock
Sidelock

liver: still tryin to figure out watt the ell you are tryin to say here... next time, try axin yo questions in a clear concise manor...less words are better...an watt goes on on gb aint none of our bid ness on dis fine forum...better yet, take it up wid gb customer service...

https://support.gunbroker.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000711653-Live-Chat-Support

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.