March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (jcn, Lloyd3, ksauers1, Hammergun, 1 invisible), 858 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,017
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

12/LC in a diamond is a bit ambiguous. Some sources say it is for chambers of 3 or longer, while others say it for chambers longer the 3".
I believe that uns having 3" chambers are known to exist with either the 12/C or 12/LC mark. Either way, the 2 3/4" chamber is marked with the regular 12/C mark.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Gr8day
I have 14394 and was told it was made in in 1907.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]HJH2 by FGP1154, on Flickr

I have 14397 (which I purchased from Buzz) and 1907 sounds about right. From what I have read, HJ made Imperials from c1905 to c1910.

Around the steel no tortured worm shall twine.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by sandlapper
Fellows, Just acquired a cased H. J. Hussey 12 bore that was originally sold thru Boston dealer. Firstly, does anyway lnow what dealer sold Hussey guns in the 1900-1915 era and secondly, does anyone have the original records of this outfit so I might see who the original consignee was? Thanks very much , Sandlapper

I have tried to locate the Hussey production records for years and have communicated with a fellow who has compiled an extensive database of HJ Hussey guns. He has also searched for production records for years and he believes they are long gone or sitting in a box on a shelf in some dusty old basement lost to time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sportarm in the UK owns the Hussey name now. They said at one time they were going to start making a gun again. They also were going to start selling some items like clothing and such.
Take a look at their site

Mike Proctor
Sidelock
Sidelock

As a guy who owns a nice Imperial, I was excited to hear that they were going to take over the Hussey name primarily because it would increase brand awareness and might even drive up the value of the old guns. Looking at the Hussey branded stuff they have now, I can't say that I'm overly impressed but hopefully there is more to come. Unless they have contracted with a company in Spain or Italy to produce a Garbi or Gurlla quality gun they can sell at a mid-market price, I can't see them actually bringing a Hussey labeled gun to the market.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.