Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Old No7 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Those fine craftsman over in Germany make some really nice leather wallets sized to hold the various cartridges that are commonly used in Drilling or Combination Guns. Here on this side of the pond, most ammo carriers are for one size only: rimfire, centerfire or shotgun. With my Drilling -- I really need "all three".

I exchanged emails with a well known German distributor, but unless I order 500 Euro worth of product and cover all the import fees and shipping, I'm simply not going to get the 45 Euro combo cartridge wallet that I want from them... So instead, I made one for just $10.00.

Well, OK, I cheated -- and used ballistic nylon, not leather.

​This is what I started with, a brand new "Uncle Mike's Folding Handgun Cartridge Carrier 12 Rounds Nylon Black 88441" that I got from eBay for $10.00 delivered. Here is what it looked like "before", from the auction's ad.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I then opened up two pairs of the sewn shell loops on the lower flap with a seam ripper. Oh, it ripped really good on the first one! Oops... It tore the middle area out, instead of cutting just the threads... So I had to heat the rough edges to seal them, and then sew it closed with a seam. This one actually holds the 16 gauge shell tighter than the shotgun shell loop on the left, where I was much more careful with the seam ripper. I might have to sew in a slightly pinched seam at the middle of that one later, but I didn't do it yet.

So here is what it looks like now -- all loaded with (6) 22 Mags for my Einstecklauf, (2) 8mm Mauser and (2) 2.5" 16 gauge shotshells.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

OK, I will admit it doesn't exude "class" like a custom leather one would, but it does work and is fully functional. My German Drilling is fully capable of hunting any game that's open in the Maine woods in the fall -- all from just one gun -- and now all the ammo for it is carried in one convenient pouch.

Maybe I'm not the only one who needs to carry more than one caliber at a time, so if that's you too; then this might be helpful.

Old No7​

"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." 2000 DTH
Sidelock
Sidelock

Very nice
Thanks for sharing
Jim

Sidelock
Sidelock

I am beginning to understand that this is a necessity, actually a must, when one is a custodian of several combination guns.

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

Old No 7,
See my comments in the GGCA forum. Good show.
Mike

Old No7 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks all -- hope this helps others in the future.

Old No7

"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." 2000 DTH
Sidelock
Sidelock

Old No7

that´s a clever solution!
I agree, some wallet is essential.
Here is what I came up with, just a piece of sturdy leather and some elastic band.

Top: 7x57R / 12 ga
Bottom: 11,2x51R Kropatschek-Heissig / 16 ga

PS: sorry, somewhat out of focus.

[Linked Image from up.picr.de]

[Linked Image from up.picr.de]

Last edited by fuhrmann; 11/10/21 03:45 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.