March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
12 members (eeb, earlyriser, Hammergun, ChiefAmungum, 2 invisible), 376 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,987
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Originally Posted by keith
That would have been quite evident if your post had originally included the QUOTE from eightbore. Unfortunately, this single sentence was the entirety of your post... until you edited it to include the comment from eightbore about his Super Fox.

Originally Posted by Gr8day
Not trying to hijack this thread, but was that BT factory?

The entirety of his post, yes, but there was something else I noticed. At the top of it, in the highlighted yellow bar, it said that he was replying to eightbore (where the little "right turn arrow" is). Once the time limit for deleting a post has passed that indicator can't be changed. I noticed it said eightbore when you replied to him ........ only because I have goofed up so many times that I've learned to look to see who the poster is replying to. Easy mistake to make, for me, at least.

Stan, if you take a look at MY post #605078, your explanation would indicate that I was replying to MYSELF. But I certainly wasn't replying to myself... I was replying to Gr8day, and my post directly followed his. And it even contained a QUOTE that came from Gr8day's first post. I never click on the "REPLY" box when I begin a new post. And I wasn't submitting a second post right after I had submitted a prior post. I simply started typing in the blank quick reply box at the bottom of the page I am on, as I always do.

Regardless, what pisses me off is that Gr8day had responded to me with this:

Originally Posted by Gr8day
If you bother to reread my post, I was asking Eightbore if the BT on his Superfox was factory.

Gr8day didn't ask me to look at some little right turn arrow in the top highlighted yellow bar. He asked me to reread something that wasn't there when I had replied to it. As you also noticed, he had edited it, and added the QUOTE from eightbore to his initial post. And then he attempted to make it appear that I either was not paying attention, or lacked reading comprehension.

I'll be very polite and simply say that I found that disingenuous at best. PM me and I'll tell you what I really think. And as I noted, that behavior has led to things going off the rails in the past around here.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Boy, this really spun out of control. Keith, I was truly responding to Eightbore's post because I am a Fox collector and rarely see BT forends on HE's. That's what I meant by "not trying to hijack this thread" because the thread was originally out Stan's Fox. I never edited anything.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Gr8Day was responding to eightbore, evidenced by the fact that above his post in the yellow bar it was showing that it was in reply to eightbore. I saw that all after he posted. "Eightbore" would not have appeared up there had Gr8Day not clicked on the box to reply to eightbore's post. The only way to get it there is to click on the middle box at the bottom right which says "Reply". When you do that the name of the poster you are replying to is shown in the yellow bar. There's no other way to get it there.

I've simply tried to point out the facts of the matter, but it seems true that, sometimes, no good deed goes unpunished. A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

Bye, y'all.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
1 member likes this: SKB
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

In private communication with Keith he has pointed out to me that I may well be misunderstanding the mechanism by which the name of the person that one is replying to shows up in the yellow bar, and it is not always what one intends. I am apparently still confused about the process, and would like to offer an apology to Keith for maintaining that I knew, and understood, the process well. It was my understanding that if one does not click on the "Reply" box, under the post made by the other person, the name of the originator of the thread would appear. But, Keith has showed me examples where that is not always the case. So, I was wrong and remain confused about it, and reticent that I ever treaded where I shouldn't have.

And, I appreciate Keith's, and all others', posts in reply to the original topic of this thread. The entire thread, and all those who read it, would have been better served had I responded to Keith in private, in order to attempt to work out this confusion. My bad for not doing so.

1 member likes this: keith
Sidelock
Sidelock

I did reply to Stan both here and in a PM, because I simply didn't know if my post would actually appear, or if this Thread might just end up locked or otherwise censored. I still do not know if the reply I made last night will be posted, or not. If it is, then it will be apparent that I wasn't exactly happy with the response he made to me earlier. I regret any misunderstanding and my tone.

I have read what Stan has said here, and in his PM reply to me, and I wish to publicly state that I am also confused about exactly how and when a name appears in the yellow bar at the top of a post. Also that I accept his apology for the misunderstanding that ensued as a result. And I also apologize for my reaction, and my thought that he was just blowing me off without really bothering to read my earlier reply. His thoughtful replies, both here, and by PM, shows that he was quite willing to engage sincerely and without rancor, as he and I always have.

Stan has once again demonstrated just who he is. He will stand his ground to the bitter end when he knows he is right. And he has no problem standing up like a man and offering an apology if he is wrong or simply makes a mistake. I respect that very much, and it goes a long way toward explaining that, while we may not always agree on everything, there has never been an angry word exchanged between us.

There are a few people here who would do well to learn something from Stan's example. However, I'm quite sure that will never happen, because that would involve having some guts, integrity, and a spine.

I hope Stan and I can go on as we always have, learning, sharing what we have learned, committed to preserving the 2nd Amendment, and enjoying our double guns.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

2 members like this: Hoot4570, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

That gun looks great as-is with that nice btfe, Stan. Especially like the way the forend latch is recessed and chamfered in. I wouldn't do anything to it, but I have to admit I favor a nice, slim btfe like this one. Very reminiscent of a Win. 21.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 11/25/21 04:25 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks, John. I have to admit that after all the responses to my question I am not so sure now that I want to attempt the conversion. For a beavertail it certainly doesn't look bad. Maybe I'd best busy myself with some other more pressing gun projects at this time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Glad you came to your senses.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, I missed your inquiry about the originality of the beavertail. No, it was not original, it was a monstrosity. A friend I shoot with made it into a splinter that can't be told from original, including the checkering. Somehow, the inside was carefully fitted to the barrels and the release lever just as nicely fitted. I guess I was lucky. The same guy refinished the butt on a Sousa Grade Knick that turned out fantastic. I wish he would take on more work, but he is busy with other things, like a job.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks, Bill.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.