March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (NZHunter, SKB), 296 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#609281 01/09/22 09:38 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Does anyone here have firsthand knowledge as to the quality of Uberti reproduction pistols?

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

No first hand knowledge, but the black powder and cowboy guys on CalGuns seem to like them.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Two summers ago, I got to play with a new out of the box single action in 357. Ran some 38spec through it. We had some other stuff out, so it didn't really catch my attention. The finish seemed good enough, niceish, for the price, and action worked smoothly. A friend thought the trigger was good, but it didn't feel particularly special, probably over five pounds, like an okay blackhawk? There was a time when I would have bought one of their short barrel bird beak handle 45 colts, but there's lots of other fun stuff? It was a third person's revolver, along with a reproduction lever rifle, and my buddy says they've put a lot of rounds, better than a gallon of 38 brass when I saw the pickups, through both with no issues.

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

I've owned one in 44-40. Fun gun. I thought the fit and finish was better than you would expect for the price point, which was around $500 at the time. I didn't shoot it a ton so I can't comment on how well they hold up. I was told by a gunsmith who does a lot of work on Colt SAAs that Uberti makes the SAA replacement parts for Colt. That would indicate the quality is ok. I don't know if it's true or not.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Thanks, fellows. I'm interested in an 1875 No. 3 2nd Model Top-Break Schofield, with 7" barrel and chambered in .45 Colt. Uberti has one they call the "Hardin", after John Wesley Hardin who used one in a shootout with Deputy Webb in TX, in the 1870s. It has blued cylinder and barrel, casehardened action and sights, and simulated buffalo horn grips. Pretty gun.

I appreciate the information. I'll probably try to put my hands on one, if that's possible, before "pulling the trigger".

https://www.uberti-usa.com/outlaws-and-lawmen-revolvers

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,

I have owned 2 of their percussion revolvers for many years, both bought second hand at auction. I have not used them heavily but they seem to be of good quality and Uberti have generally a good reputation for quality here in the UK.

A gunmaker I know is very happy with his de luxe 1873 Uberti “Winchester” which he ordered in for his own use.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan, if I may-I was under the impression that J.W. Hardin favored Colt Model 1861 Army wheelguns, just as much as Wm. Hickcock favored Colt 1851 Navy wheelguns. However, this does NOT preclude the fact that other handguns were used in the impressive careers of both these gents-- I have a good friend who is a BP pistoleer, and he owns and shoots mainly Uberti repros--I'll run your questions by him if you'd like. FWIW, the only black powder handgun I own is a Colt 1861 Army 6" barrel Civilian model--NFS.. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I'd appreciate his impressions of the Uberti(s), Francis. Thank you.

My reading said that Hardin used the Schofield in that particular gunfight, in which he was the victor over the deputy. He, like other outlaws and lawmen in the 1800s, may have used several different makes/models at different times. I'm not really much of a student of the "Old West", I just like that particular model pistol.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Stanton Hillis
Does anyone here have firsthand knowledge as to the quality of Uberti reproduction pistols?

I had one. It pretty much stunk. One chamber was particularly, and dependably inaccurate and the trigger was beyond horrible. The latter may have been fixable but the former made it pointless to do so.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Stan,

I have no experience with the Scofield models, but lots with the clones of percussions and single actions. I've got an Uberti Walker, a Bisley flat-top target,
and several SAA clones. I really like them.

Fred

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.