March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (Dale May, NZHunter, SKB, 1 invisible), 308 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,373
Posts543,977
Members14,389
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Sidelock
Sidelock

I can't open your pictures, but it sounds like a double worthy of Elmer Fudd.

Caution: Hunting and fishing stories told here. Protective footgear may be required.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hoot,

One exception, the British .297/.250 Rook also uses .250 or .251 diameter bullets . I believe Holland and Holland built at Least one Royal SLE double in that calibre.

They made a number of double rifles in .295 Rook, including the one in the last Holts which unfortunately King Umberto of Italy did not have to hand when his assassin came calling.

1 member likes this: Hoot4570
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Carl46
I can't open your pictures, but it sounds like a double worthy of Elmer Fudd.

Try a different browser. I had to copy the URL into Firefox to see the pictures

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Happy to see that you spent the extra $$ for the flip up moon sight. That will really help when spotlighting critters. Every Dangerous Game double rifle should be so equipped.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Very nice! I was expecting "The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch"!?

1 member likes this: Ted Schefelbein
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks Parabola. I was not aware of that one. The old .25 Stevens rimfire also used a true quarter bore. Other than the .25ACP's, I do not know where a feller would find the correct barrels.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Parabola & Hoot, There is another similar caliber, .255. I have two rifles in this caliber which is amazingly accurate. Unfortunately not doubles!

Owen
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Hoot4570
....I am curious though, where did you source the correct tubes? The ACP is a true quarter-bore at .250"....
Purely a guess. The picture of the breech has the appearance as though the barrels have been lined. If so, that may be a T.J.'s liner?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hello and thank you to all for the reply.

Originally Posted by John Roberts
Originally Posted by KY Jon
I thought you passed on the 25-20 because you knew a bottle necked, rimmed cartridge, are hideously hard to load...
Hello John Roberts,

And all these years I thought a rimmed cartridge instead of a rimless one was far more functional in a break-open rifle. What a dummy!

Nice toy, but you really did error in not chambering it in .25-20. Superb work by Michael, regardless.
JR

No error, I've seen severl 25-20 Double Rifles over the years, and I didn't want to repeat that chambering. I wanted a DR that was truly a one-of-a-kind. The 25acp is NOT rimless - it is semi-rimmed and works great.

Originally Posted by Brittany Man
Happy to see that you spent the extra $$ for the flip up moon sight. That will really help when spotlighting critters. Every Dangerous Game double rifle should be so equipped.
Hello Brittany Man,

Yes, the moon sight was required in case you had to follow a wonded creature into dark cover.

Originally Posted by Parabola
Hoot,

One exception, the British .297/.250 Rook also uses .250 or .251 diameter bullets . I believe Holland and Holland built at Least one Royal SLE double in that calibre.

They made a number of double rifles in .295 Rook, including the one in the last Holts which unfortunately King Umberto of Italy did not have to hand when his assassin came calling.
Hello Parabola,

I have several Martini rifles in .297/.250 Rook caliber, and I reload that cartridge. That cartridge is much bigger than the 25acp. I wanted a "very small" centerfire cartridge that no one has ever used before.

Originally Posted by craigd
Originally Posted by Hoot4570
....I am curious though, where did you source the correct tubes? The ACP is a true quarter-bore at .250"....
Purely a guess. The picture of the breech has the appearance as though the barrels have been lined. If so, that may be a T.J.'s liner?
Hello craigd,
Hello Hoot4570,

As listed in the specifications, the barrels are Lothar Walther. The barrels have NOT been lined. The barrel blanks weighed 5 pounds, 3 ounces, each when received. They were turned down and mon-blocked into the action.

Finished weight of the rifle is 6 pounds, 11 ounces.

3 members like this: Hoot4570, craigd, Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

Buckstix,

I think you have probably achieved the ownership of the only ever .25 ACP Double rifle ever built. It is a very neat little gun.

Is it as quiet as you hoped?

Congratulations

Parabola

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.