April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
3 members (Jem Finch, Jimmy W, LeFusil), 1,129 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,842
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
KY Jon #610184 01/27/22 08:13 PM
KY Jon Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I understand the auction issues. I needed a New model Ruger Red Label 20 gauge for my collection. Problem is they only made 250 in total so I ended up having someone bid up one I found until I paid about a grand more than I wanted to pay. I just did it because they are none to be bought and in the end it was the going rate. I bought a like new in the box Red Label 30" gun for what I thought was too much only to watch two much more used and abused guns sell for a grand more each in the next week. People have money and will run up prices. I just need to walk away at some point because a few of these prices are just stupid. Like a barrel that is well used selling for almost as much as a much better looking compete gun. Good luck in your small bore hunt. I looked a long time before i found a 16 & 20 Sterlingworth with 30" barrels. Must have come across 500 20's with 26" barrels, 100 with 28" barrels and five 30" barreled guns. First one that was decent and not priced like it was solid gold came home with me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Dan S. W.
I would be curious to see if the seller actually got paid. I just had a high bidder on a watch bid up the auction at the last minute, and then refuse to complete the transaction after winning.

Non-paying bidders are getting worse on Ebay and horrible on Gunbroker. One guy on Gunbroker actually told me "walmart takes returns. it's how things are, get used to it." Well, auctions aren't Walmart. Auction bids are contracts. And, it's not always people with NR or few feedbacks, at least on gunbroker. I've got one right now I'm sure I'll have to relist and this guy has several hundred feedbacks, virtually all A+'s but five for non-payment. Been a week and no response.

And Gunbroker is such a pain to get a listing fee credit, takes about a month for their process, and I don't think even then I've ever been reimbursed so I just relist and chalk it up as a loss.

The real problem is the number of people who think this is a perfectly fine way to behave.

Roger

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.