March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (Hammergun, Ian Forrester, dukxdog, Don Zahringer, 2 invisible), 780 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,010
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Hi Jay, been awhile! No, my RBL is just clicking right along. I did slick up the chambers and it is now an extractor gun. Past that it serves its intended purpose killing phez and the occasional grouse and very occasionally these days a Hun. No problems. My largest dissatisfaction is the engraving. less, or none would be more. Mine has great wood for the 2X.
I will add that it was a good deal at 3K. I wouldn't pay what CSMC wants now. Lots of other options.

Chief

1 member likes this: Gunflint Charlie
Sidelock
Sidelock

My, or my wife's, Inverness is working fine after limited use. I'll take it out this week to confirm. How much are you all paying for the Inverness?

Sidelock
Sidelock

I see that CSMC has a lot of their guns at make an offer status! Here's your chance folks. I'm pretty well set up at this point in life, I must say one of their much maligned Savage Fox 12's might be OK at a large discount though. Still looking for the 12 RBL built on the 16 frame. Funny, don't see any of those for sale. Surely some of those owners have been so totally depressed by their purchase to offer one up, cheap?

Chief

1 member likes this: Gunflint Charlie
Boxlock
Boxlock

Though I don't have one of their top of the line O/Us, and my previous comments may have seemed somewhat critical, my Revelation 30in is very gratifying to shoot (regulation and patterns even with cheap bird shot) and look at! The wood I received for standard price surpasses most of the upgrades. I have been told by a smith at csmc that the action and construction are the same across the Inverness/model21 O/U and Revelation lines. I only question the barrel/mid rib construction from an acedemic standpoint, and am interested in others opinions. The company is not forthcoming as a rule and they don't provide any literature or care instructions. The gun is admired by all who see it and always draws interest.
I was interested in the case colored Inverness but the less expensive Revelation ticked all the boxes at a lower price point. I guess next time in the northeast I'll have to stop in and see how the barrels are constructed.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I would assume Tony will be at the Southern, a bit earlier and closer than the Northeast. He doesn't list the Northeast as one of the shows he will attend. I don't think his rig will fit on the road into the Northeast facility.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Tony lists some Revelations at $2450. I think that is a great price.

Boxlock
Boxlock

He put quite a few in folks' hands for 1995.00.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Oops, I thought I had been posting in the other recent CSMC Inverness thread! That said, I have a comment on the chambers since others have said theirs seem rough. Although they appear rather rough on my gun, my fingertip profilometer says they're around a 16 ra or so finish, or very smooth.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.