May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
6 members (KDGJ, Wild Skies, Birdog, 3 invisible), 1,190 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,509
Posts545,653
Members14,419
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuck H
the wood is proud of the FE metal while not on the butt,

I missed the 'proud' part of your post earlier. In the pictures it does look that way, and in fact I wasn't sure, so I pulled the gun out to double check.

I flares out quickly due to the size of the forend but at the metal/wood junction it is not proud.

Mike
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

From the Fox site.

Don posts here also so I don't think he'll mind me quoting him.

Originally Posted By: "DGKaas"
The rear portion of the fore end is without question factory Fox, IMHO. The shaping and the grooves in the rib channel are the giveaways.Miller triggers are often serialed to the gun. PA trap and pigeon shooters are often associated with Miller trigger simply because Elmer and his sons, Howard and Delbert frequented shoots major and minor in their home state for 75 years and sold a lot of trigger there.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

I mistook a stain or grease spot on one of the pictures as the Miller stamp. Looking back, I realize that wasn't what it was. However, the configuration of the trigger installation is very similar to a non selective Miller trigger. Don K. would know.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Murph,

The trigger is selective.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Utah, take a look back at the thread on my Ithaca NID single trigger. http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbt...age=3#Post59426

Some of the best research sources on this site provided their input on Miller, Howland, and Ithaca triggers. Also there are some drawings of the triggers which may help you ID yours. Drop that triggerplate and lets see it.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I thought there was some question about the source of the trigger (Geoff Roznak's post Oct 13}. If it has the crudely stamped RSL marking on the top tang, there is no doubt that it is Miller.

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Murphy,

Yes, the tang is stamped as you mention, which is why I have always identified it as a Miller.

When in Geoffs possession the gun was apart for the forend repairs and a general check-up by a 'smith of good reputation and experience. As I remember (Geoff can correct if I am wrong) the 'smith did not think the mechanism looked like the Millers he had seen.

I won't drag this thread to far off topic since I won't have the time to pull the buttstock/triggerplate for the forseeable future.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike,
What was revealed as significant (to me at least) in the Ithaca trigger thread is that all three, Miller, Howland and Ithaca triggers have top tangs marked RSL and have identical function and nearly identical form. I have no idea on what makes/designs of single triggers were installed by Fox since I'm delinquent in re-reading my Fox book for this info.

Are you thinking that your gun has a post delivery single trigger?

Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Chuck H
Mike,

Are you thinking that your gun has a post delivery single trigger?

Yes.

Mike
Sidelock
Sidelock

The only Fox I've held that I thought had a factory single trigger, had a notch out of the side of the upper tang where the selector came thru. I can't recall if it was in place of the safety or was in addition to the safety. I just recall thinking I'd have to weld up that notch if the single trigger couldn't be made to work on that old dog.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.