March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Jimmy W, KDGJ, smlekid, Owenjj3, Argo44), 822 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sidelock
Sidelock

Us mortals should always remember the Proverb "In this life there is nothing so certain as death and Taxes"

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for that link Ted, a very good read.

Crazy how bad it had become and encouraging to read about the improvements, it also re-enforces my belief that we need regulation that both encourages growth and protects our environment.

Rivers on fire, that is an era we do not need to return to.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

I’m probably the only person on the side who has actually worked there.

That region was post apocalyptic when I first badged in.

We would laugh, because it was so toxic, not even a weed would grow.

We would watch the occasional weed reach up out of the cinders, only to wither and die.

I think Zug Island is very possibly the most contaminated place in North America.

Everyone that I worked with that spent any time there and long-term health consequences, and most of them are dead now.

Now we let other countries poison their citizens and destroy their rivers with iron smelting.

I actually found the process of converting iron ore into big slabs of steel fascinating. Watching them roll around on railroad cars as they cooled, or seeing the big furnaces tapped and decanted into vessels as they rolled around the complex, was pretty cool to me..

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by SKB
Thanks for that link Ted, a very good read.

Crazy how bad it had become and encouraging to read about the improvements, it also re-enforces my belief that we need regulation that both encourages growth and protects our environment.

Rivers on fire, that is an era we do not need to return to.

No matter how far it has come, it is still, and always will be, a dung pit under the control of the same political party for about a hundred years.

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: keith
SKB Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

Dung pit or not, more stringent environmental protection laws appear to be having the desired affect.

This guy had the right idea....

https://www.sciencehistory.org/distillations/richard-nixon-and-the-rise-of-american-environmentalism

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Zug Island-- Great Lakes Steel Corp, National Steel and the GM owned McLouth Steel.. Peabody Coal Corp. Muhlenberg County KY-- just for "openers" on the great big table of environmental polluters, all in pursuit of the almighty dollar. And it will never end.. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Run With The Fox
Zug Island-- Great Lakes Steel Corp, National Steel and the GM owned McLouth Steel.. Peabody Coal Corp. Muhlenberg County KY-- just for "openers" on the great big table of environmental polluters, all in pursuit of the almighty dollar. And it will never end.. RWTF

Google Boat Harbour, Nova Scotia, Fox.

Textbook case of environmental racism and profit over people.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sweet home, fo yo:

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news...-ooze-spill-in-madison-heights-underway/

Today’s grim Detroit news. I’m sure tomorrow there will be something equally repulsive. There always is.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

Heading up north tomorrow for a long golf weekend.

Have fun at work, Toad. lol

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by lonesome roads
Heading up north tomorrow for a long golf weekend.

Have fun at work, Toad. lol

Good you are getting the hell out of the cesspool you call home, even if you have to play golf. Bet it feels just like you have to go to work on Monday when you are leaving.

Best,
Ted

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.