March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
7 members (SKB, FlyChamps, cpa, Dan S. W., Ken Nelson, 1 invisible), 807 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Eddie boy, do you know what happens to trapped nuisance pigeons that aren't sold to pigeon rings?

If I were a trapped pigeon I'd much rather take my chances at a flyer shoot, than the other option. Lots of flyers don't die.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

you are right stan, roosting pigeons can be a nuisance...

shooting at night with a scoped 22 and cb longs is a solution...

quicker and surer than 7 1/2's...

and one still gets the thrill that comes from killing...

for best results, one needs an accomplice to act as spotter and to hold the light...

but the clean up is not so much fun...

Last edited by ed good; 06/15/22 03:13 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
AZMike Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ed good
and no suffering...
Lots of suffering. Your good buds take your money and leave you embarrassed and whining....

4 members like this: Ghostrider, mc, Stanton Hillis, Drew Hause
Boxlock
Boxlock

I’ve seen this time after time. Somebody explain to me how a ZZ launches from ZERO velocity with no artificial push - the rotation of the wings provide the drive - make it from a stand still to accelerating to the fence by slowing down from the time they are launched? A ZZ is NOT a clay target.

Last edited by azgreg; 06/15/22 04:48 PM.
1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

AZ Greg,,unicorn poop

Sidelock
Sidelock

What a concept! wink

1872 Gyro Pigeon, Bussey Peckham, London

[Linked Image from photos.smugmug.com]

Trapshooting: The Patriotic Sport, 1921
https://books.google.com/books?id=6aQvAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA20&lpg

Sidelock
Sidelock

I love shooting helice, though my opportunities are few and far between. I have found the game to be tougher than live birds. First time I shot flyers I went straight on the first five. Not so with ZZ birds. Tough game.

If I had the availability I'd shoot them every weekend.

Congratulations, Mike, on getting your equipment.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I used to shoot with the Cyril Adams group at West Side near Katy on Sunday morning. Having not shot box birds I asked Cyril how the two compared. His reply was that ZZ was harder and if you could shoot over 20 consistantely you would do well at box birds. I still haven't shot box birds but ZZ is challenging.

W. E. Boyd
AZMike Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Kathleen and I will be camping at the Great Northern shoot in a couple of weeks, we can chat about AZ or ZZ or anything else over a cold Pacifico!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Many years ago I was catching hundreds of pigeons for dog training and live bird shooting. Word got out I was catching them in town and I was told in no uncertain terms I was never to do it again inside town limits. So I stopped. Soon afterwards there was a local TV story about the mysterious deaths of pigeons in the downtown area. Seems dozens, if not hundreds, were being found dead all over the place.

I knew what happened and paid the town “official” a quiet visit. Seems they were feeding them rat poison and the birds were dropping like flies. Explained to him it would be very bad for the town for word to get out they were murdering them with poison. Then explained I could deal with the problem without the town being involved. I began feeding them in a barn just a mile from town center. In a couple month I had hundreds of birds regular as clockwork every day. Easy enough to make entry a one way event, remove what I wanted and letting them fly away later. In this way we kept the numbers in check and I got what I needed without the town getting any blame for it. Lasted for about four years until I no longer needed them. Don’t know how they deal with them today. Pigeons are flying rats not wild game.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.