March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (Owenjj3, SKB, Philbert, dukxdog, Marc Ret), 842 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
Sidelock

I notice the same thing when I went in search of additional reloading components last month. All the usual online suspects (e.g., Brownells, Midway, etc.) were out of stock, but other websites I had never heard of had the powder I was looking for - and for a reasonable price. As others have mentioned, the payment requirements (via Zelle) was the big red flag. The scammers were diligent though. They followed up the next day via email looking to help me complete my purchase. Scum bags.

Caveat emptor.

Last edited by Ken Georgi; 06/29/22 09:22 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Paypal has a time restriction on how long you can file a charge back. It was 30 days from what I recall. I ordered an item from EBay was shipped from China. It never arrived. By the time I went through the EBay channels it was past my Paypal window to get my money back. Scammers know how to work the system and will string you along better than a Nigerian businessman looking to cash a Cashiers check. For the fun I went down that road until I offered to bring the money to him in person. Seems like I had business in Nigeria collecting for a partial refund of slave my great, great, great, great grandfather bought. I had the receipt or so I claimed. Truth the ancestor in question was a officer in the Union army but no need to go into too much detail. Once I offered to come in person, the scammer lost my email information and went away. It was fun while I strung him along.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

My credit card is linked to my pay pal account. I know my refund was more than 30 days out. Not much, but, I was hoping to get what I ordered for too good a deal. It was not through EBay, for whatever that is worth. When I placed the order, pay pal told me they would provide shipping information, which, of course, never came. Near instantaneous refund.

The credit card company caught the last scam, generated from a purchase at Numrich, who were hacked, and sent a note not to pay for four charges that appeared on the bill. Told me to cut up the card, and had a new one, in my hand, in perhaps 3-4 days.

I had a bit of fun with the Asians who called land lines, spoofing the phone number of the FBI, and asking me to pay my fine with a gift card from Target. I’d call him back on an 800 number he provided and recite the first 25 numerals for Pi, and thank him for not sending Officer Joe to arrest me. Then he would call back, and I would change the last number, apologizing profusely for getting it wrong. He tried for about a week. It was all I could do to keep a straight face on the phone.

Best,
Ted

Sidelock
Sidelock

zelle is a bank to bank money transfer system...

works great for sending and receiving funds to and from trusted bank accounts...

transactions are irreversible...

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ed good
transactions are irreversible...

Much like your own....

Best,
Ted

1 member likes this: Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

not so...ho, ho, ho...

Last edited by ed good; 06/30/22 08:52 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
GLS Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

There have been accounts of people going to Nigeria to square things with the scammers who ended taking more than just the man's money... Gil

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.