March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
4 members (LRF, bsteele, David Williamson, Ted Schefelbein), 826 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,016
Members14,391
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd heard two years ago that this was coming and had asked Joanna directly if this was a rumor as recently as early this year; I was told the Journal was their livelihood and they had no plans to stop publishing, but I suppose nothing lasts forever other than life here on earth. Dan and Joanna are getting on in years and Daniel had a really bad struggle with COVID; so I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. In my opinion this is a loss for the double gun world, and I actually have several interesting stories ready to go; but that's the breaks. I'll be watching my mail for formal notification.

Sidelock
Sidelock

It was a job for them and I am sure for many years they enjoyed it

But like most jobs comes a point where you might like to retire

John Boyd
Quality Arms
Texas

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

I got the letter today as well. Very unfortunate, I'm definitely going to miss getting the DGJ.

I have become addicted to English hammered shotguns to the detriment of my wallet.
Sidelock
Sidelock

A very great shame, but all good things must come to an end.

We should be grateful for all the pleasure they have brought us for these many years.

I have all the issues in hard copy, and perhaps I will start again at Volume One, Number 0ne. I will learn much.

Oddly enough today is the start of my final (?) retirement. I had intended to use some of the extra time I hope will be available to write and offer them a couple of articles on Edwinson Green. Woulda, coulda, shouda done that earlier.

Daniel, Joanna, very best wishes for a happy retirement.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I have not received the letter yet. They kept up a high quality product for a long time - 30+ years - so I am just thankful it went as long as it did. Probably just as well they didn't dumb down the product like a few other mags

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thanks for the info, James. I am paid up through the next year so I hope to receive a letter of some sort explaining the details. I thank the Cote's for their labor of love for so long. I have been a loyal subscriber, and would stick with it if it were to continue as before. But, on the other hand, I have enough of them now that I can start back through them, rereading, and be perfectly happy.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My notice letter came in the afternoon mail and it is indeed official that the DGJ has folded. Seems the magazine was no longer profitable; they've been operating in the red for some time and finally had to stop the bleeding. This is very unfortunate as the DGJ has done immeasurable good for the double gun fraternity. I understand all subscribers will be receiving a letter offering DGJ products, to include the Index and Reader III, as reimbursement for prepaid renewals (I understand the Index and Reader is in works but delivery will be at some as yet undetermined point in future). I wish the situation was different. Tom

Sidelock
Sidelock

As Parabola stated, nothing in Life is Static, so with Wolfgang's byline, Carpe Diem. As in many phases of my Life, at the time we just didn't know how good we had it until the phase is over. A True Loss. I sadly assume the Fraternity is dwindling??

Serbus,

Raimey
rse

Sidelock
Sidelock

James, it may be dwindling, but another factor may be that all printed media has been suffering for some years. The internet has replaced it, it seems. Newspapers are no longer in the black because it's so much easier for someone to read the news on the computer and not have to deal with the refuse that a day old newspaper has become.

I would welcome DGJ offering an online subscription, but have no idea if Daniel and Joanna would be interested in such a venture.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
2 members like this: 67galaxie, Run With The Fox
Sidelock
Sidelock

When I saw the letter today I felt like I learned of the death of a close friend. It’s been over 30 years since I read my first copy. That copy opened the door to a great interest that will always be there. The writers, the information, even the advertisements were unique and mind opening to a then young man. I will miss the Journal.

2 members like this: eeb, bushveld
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.