April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
6 members (tut, rtw, oskar, Jem Finch, Hugh Lomas, 1 invisible), 1,158 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,445
Posts544,843
Members14,406
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24
Sidelock
Sidelock

Parker DHE two gauge set, today with the 32" set in 20 gauge. The 32" set of 16 ga. barrels will get used during the late season. RST 20 ga. LITE shells. Chokes F and F.

Edited to add picture.

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

Last edited by Stanton Hillis; 09/10/22 08:57 PM.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
3 members like this: Mills, liverwort, Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

Custom Lefever 20 ga. , engraved with a sharptail grouse motif. On a windy last day, I enjoyed my custom gun by Sam Welch and Dennis Potter.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

4 members like this: Mark II, liverwort, SKB, Parabola
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, went out after Mass today, solo (it does pay to go to Church, BTW). Hunted a spot by the house, and I limited in about 50 minutes. Should have gotten a double on the first group we got up, but alas not. Did double on the next group. These birds (all young) held very well for Addie. Addie did a great job, quartered great and very staunch points. She's a natural!

Used my 16b Hellis today

And the hero of the day, Addie!

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
4 members like this: Tim Cartmell, liverwort, Parabola, SKB
Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan,

Every time you post a picture of that Parker gun at work, I ask myself 'What could have I been thinking' back then? But it pleases me knowing you are getting a lot of enjoyment out of both sets of those 32" tubes. You and yours stay well and keep at it, Amigo.

Rob

2 members like this: Stanton Hillis, Parabola
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice outing on doves this afternoon. Went back to one of my 20 ga. Fabbri doubles...... Shooting was good, New migrants on a crisp North Wind....first real nice weather day of the season. I took the first 14 with one barrel..... pushed the limits a bit on the 15th, and had to settle for one miss.....

3 members like this: liverwort, Stanton Hillis, Parabola
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Hey all, went out by myself today. Went back up to where we hunted on Saturday. Took Addie again, it was Raina's turn to go, but she was limping a bit, so I want her to heal up. Anyway, was able to limit within an hour. The birds I got were all singles, and young birds. It was a good day away from work!

I used my 16b Charles Boswell

Addie

And a view of the area I hunted, they like to hang around that woodlot

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
4 members like this: Parabola, BrentD, Prof, Tim Cartmell, liverwort
Sidelock
Sidelock

Greg, I am amazed at your ability to switch guns every outing and still shoot so well. A tip of the hat and I wish I could do that. Mark

Sidelock
Sidelock

I cheated a little...

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

5 members like this: Tim Cartmell, Parabola, Stanton Hillis, Mills, liverwort
Sidelock
Sidelock

Nice Rubberhead! Which country were you in? That looks like a Hartman's zebra. My son and I took one in Namibia. We want to go back so badly too!

1 member likes this: Rubberhead
gjw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Mark II
Greg, I am amazed at your ability to switch guns every outing and still shoot so well. A tip of the hat and I wish I could do that. Mark

Thanks Mark for the very kind words!

Heck, I really don't think to much about it. I just grab one and go from there. Guess I'm just lucky I can shoot them at all!

Thanks again!

Stay well my friend

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret
Page 2 of 24 1 2 3 4 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.