March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (SKB, HalfaDouble, Jimmy W, earlyriser, 1 invisible), 386 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,374
Posts544,009
Members14,391
Most Online1,131
Jan 21st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#619135 09/08/22 03:24 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

It is with some sadness that I inform you good people, that today the ninth of august that the united kingdom's Queen Elizabeth passed away. I am not a monarchist but she has been there for all my life so it is like losing the nations grandmother. Well she has been the longest reigning monarch in our last thousand years of history.

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!
Sidelock
Sidelock

We have lost a beloved Monarch.

The world has lost a wise, principled and exemplary leader, as well as a keen sportswoman.

1 member likes this: 67galaxie
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ninth of August?

Sidelock
Sidelock

She was my monarch (I can't believe Queen is censored. Dave, fix that! How would you like to have the word President bleeped out, say when Ronald Reagan died) for my entire life. And a pretty damn good one. I never met her but my Uncle hosted her for dinner a number of times and even danced with her.

Charles III has very big shoes to fill. I doubt he's up to the task. 50 years of watching him hasn't encouraged me.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I am neither British nor a monarchist but am deeply saddened by this news. She was a good and faithful servant to her country and well lived. I don't believe any of us alive today will see another leader serve his/her country as well and as long as she.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

So sorry to hear of the dealt of la Reine Elizabeth. I was a child when she became La Reine and remember the news reels of her coronation. We actually stayed at the treehouse hotel in Kenya where she received the news of the death of her father. I'm not a big fan of the UK class system but she was an admirable person. And I think King Charles III will be better than people expect. The way he handled the attempted assassination in Australia was very well done.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

It’s very weird for me.

We were just at the Braemar games (near Balmoral) on Saturday, and the royal family was in attendance commemorating the new pavilion.
I didn’t know that the [censored - come on man!] was ill.

Now we are back from Inverness, and I learned she had passed away.

At the concert this evening everyone mourned the loss.

I have always felt that she was regal. That she represented all the good things I’d like to see in a leader.

May she Rest In Peace, and her memory always be admired.

Out there doing it best I can.
Sidelock
Sidelock

My sincere condolences to all of our British brothers here and those across the Commonwealth.

Speude Bradeos
Sidelock
Sidelock

In the mid 1950s, when Liz visited Washington, my dad told me about walking down Pennsylvania Avenue early one morning, by himself. He was a block from his office, in front of the White House when a limo slowly passed. He waved and Liz waved back. He found the wave to be a once in a lifetime event. That weekend, he and I attended a University of Maryland football game with Liz in attendance. I still have the program.

Boxlock
Boxlock

Yes, she's been our monarch all my life. She was a wonderful example of dignity and duty and an inspiration to millions, like her mother before her.

She lived an industrious and good life and is with her beloved husband once again.

RIP Elizabeth II

Long live King Charles III

I'm sure he'll make a better king than many expect.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.