April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
5 members (buckstix, Southern Sport, RWG, 2 invisible), 215 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,465
Posts545,056
Members14,409
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

Call me old, and guess what, I am. till shooting up a storm. 2 defensive advantages of a wheelgun when facing an evil-doer- (no springs are under tension unless you cock the trigger for single action firing (better trigger pull) and assuming your assailant can see at distance (unlike most of the wacked out meth-heads prevalent now-a-days) he can see the bullet tips in the cylinder in battery- no doubt that you are ready to punch him a new belly-button, right now!!RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Fox, it's no big deal, but there single action/double action auto loaders. You can have one in the chamber on a lowered hammer or striker, after the first one goes off double action, the rest follow single action. Some are single or double action only. I like my revolvers, but I only had one ever that I wanted to shoot double action.

Sidelock
Sidelock

In two, my only two, altercations involving handguns, the attacker (assailant) continued to advance toward me until I pointed a revolver so that the assailant could see the bullets pointing toward his eyes. As Foxy mentions, seeing the bullets in the front of the cylinder puts a stop to most assaults by sane persons.

2 members like this: Run With The Fox, Stanton Hillis
Sidelock
Sidelock

It would be hard for me to imagine a much better trigger than is on my 1911 .45 ACP, which I carry in Condition One. My wife has a S & W "hammerless" revolver in .38 Special, which I keep stoked with +P ammo. I didn't want her to have to fumble with a safety under stress.

May God bless America and those who defend her.
1 member likes this: Run With The Fox
Sidelock
Sidelock

I am going to a good sizedgun show in Grand Rapids (MI) this week-end- any particular make a model and cal. handgun you could recommend that fits that criteria. Any, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly does the term "striker fired" mean, as compared to the firing pin set up on a 1911-A-1 .45ACP. Thanks-RWTF

Sidelock
Sidelock

Stan- glad to read about your successful dove season to date. ??? if I may- does your term "Condition One" in regard to the 1911-A-1 in carry mode mean basically the same term we used in the USMC- "Locked, cocked and read to rock?"" Just my guess. Have you shot any doves to date with anything in the shotgun inventory larger than a 28 gauge? How is the shell availabilty in your neck of the woods. ?? Up here in "Damn Yankee World" finding .410 and 28 gauge ammo can be tough. Do you reload?? RWTF

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by Run With The Fox
I am going to a good sized gun show in Grand Rapids (MI) this week-end- any particular make a model and cal. handgun you could recommend that fits that criteria. Any, if you don't mind me asking, what exactly does the term "striker fired" mean, as compared to the firing pin set up on a 1911-A-1 .45ACP. Thanks-RWTF

Fox:

Here's a good explanation of the meaning of striker fired: https://www.nrawomen.com/content/understanding-hammer-fired-vs-striker-fired-pistols/

I've never owned a striker fired pistol, so I cannot comment on which ones might have good triggers. My impression from reading about the various popular models is that it's much harder to get a target quality trigger pull on a striker fired pistol than on something like a 1911, but I could be mistaken.

Rem

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hal, there's a way to have your cake and eat it too. Get one of these. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch
Sidelock
Sidelock

The CZ P10 is my favorite, they're all personal preference. Very fast in 9mm for me with good magazine capacity, several sizes, accurate, really fun. I can honestly say, no jams or other hang ups in about 1200, maybe 1500 rounds. Most of these things have a longish trigger pull, but the shooting is in a small shot break and reset area. The long initial trigger pull is the safety, but the P10 has a good trigger.

Sidelock
Sidelock

5k run and gun. Its really fun to put on all the gear and run. I do some competitions based around ak's as well. I got into sporting guns as a leisure activity and to do more hunting. I'm glad i sold off most of the east bloc guns i had. I'm really happy with the drilling and stalking rifle they afforded me, plus i dont have to worry about near constant ammo scarcity, price fluxuations, or the cycle of buying accessories.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.