April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Who's Online Now
2 members (JBG, 1 invisible), 408 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,443
Posts544,793
Members14,405
Most Online1,258
Mar 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#619818 09/26/22 07:40 PM
SXS 40 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Is it true that FedEx will no longer ship firearms from private parties? (non FFL holders) Ie. individual to a gunsmith?

HWK
SXS 40 #619826 09/26/22 08:48 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

The FedEx website says so. Though when I went to my local FedEx Center (where I've often shipped guns) for a different package reason the manager said he's unaware of any changes that would prevent me from shipping to an FFL....I'm suspicious. I've heard UPS has incorporated different/difficult rules also.

SXS 40 #619842 09/27/22 09:25 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I believe the new UPS and FED-EX rules state that individuals can no longer ship firearms. So, the only way to ship a long gun, individual to gunsmith, at this point is USPS. The only way to ship a handgun now is through a dealer as USPS doesn't accept them.

Bill Johnson
SXS 40 #619853 09/27/22 12:33 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

We aren't really allowed to have discussions here anymore, concerning the continual assault on our gun ownership rights by Liberal Left Democrats and anti-gunners. It really upsets those gun owners here who are too dumb to connect the dots, and vote for anti-gun politicians.

There is never any excuse for supporting the erosion of our 2nd Amendment Rights. But here is what the anti-gun forces have accomplished to make it even more difficult and costly to ship or acquire firearms.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20220919/shipping-companies-prohibit-the-lawful-shipping-of-firearms

Note that the new restrictions even affect the shipping of gun parts that are perfectly legal to ship without an FFL under any circumstances. The anti-gunners won't ever stop trying to eliminate gun ownership, and double guns will not get a pass.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

3 members like this: mc, dirty harry, eeb
SXS 40 #619875 09/28/22 09:03 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

If you print your own labels you are not asked about contents.

SXS 40 #619878 09/28/22 09:57 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

keith, there is nothing much more to discuss anymore...i have realized that it has simply boiled down to a conflict between them and us... us being the haves with much to loose and them being the have nots with much to gain...historically, the have nots have worked, long, hard and smart with the goal of becoming haves...recently, their agents have decided to take what we have and give some of it to them and keep the rest for themselves, thus becoming super haves......

Last edited by ed good; 09/28/22 10:05 AM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
1 member likes this: ithaca1
mark #619881 09/28/22 10:38 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by mark

^
The only caveat is that they probably won't pay off if lost or stolen because you violated their rules.
You would need to check your collectors insurance to verify coverage during shipping.

Hope this helps.
Bill

Bill Johnson
mark #619885 09/28/22 01:17 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted by ed good
keith, there is nothing much more to discuss anymore...i have realized that it has simply boiled down to a conflict between them and us... us being the haves with much to loose and them being the have nots with much to gain...historically, the have nots have worked, long, hard and smart with the goal of becoming haves...recently, their agents have decided to take what we have and give some of it to them and keep the rest for themselves, thus becoming super haves......

No Ed, there is actually much to discuss. This UPS and FedEx firearms shipping ban is actually somewhat old news. In the past, it would have been mentioned here as it was happening. My link about it is from the NRA-ILA, and NRA members are continually informed about the constant stream of attacks on our 2nd Amendment Rights by the Liberal Left Democrats.

Originally Posted by mark

And the approach suggested by mark to skirt the issue is simply a head-in-the-sand approach to the problem. UPS has announced that violators of their anti-gun and anti-gun parts shipping policy may have their shipments " seized and destroyed.” So, think about it. It may be very obvious to UPS that a shipment from any individual to a gunsmith, or vice-versa, may contain firearms or firearms parts. I can already see future Threads from guys complaining about their packages being confiscated and destroyed.

Another huge concern is just how long it will be before these shipping bans extend to ammunition and reloading components or supplies. At very least, gun owners should be treating UPS and FedEx the same way they treat Dick's Sporting Goods and other anti-gun businesses. They should boycott them and spread the word to every gun owner in the country that these companies should not get our business until they respect the rights of law abiding citizens. They should also be contacting their elected representatives to tell them to enact legislation that would prohibit business practices that are aimed at curtailing our 2nd Amendment Rights. Silence and sitting on our hands will only ensure that we lose.

The big squeeze is on. It is coming from Liberal Left Democrats. And the supporters of Liberal Left Democrats on this and other firearms forums have been doing all they can to silence, censor, and stifle any mention of what the Democrat politicians they blindly support are doing to us. And sadly, we have a lot of grown men who are simply afraid of the woke mob, and also fear their own tongues.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

SXS 40 #619972 09/30/22 11:20 AM
Sidelock
Sidelock

I would never count on FedEx to pay up on a claim. Buy separate firearms insurance from an insurance broker/agent and hope you never need it. The cost is negligible. Gil

[IMG]

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.